This vital BC Chamber role will work closely with the CEO to ensure strong internal operations as well as exceptional, overall organizational performance. This driven and meticulous individual handles the overall administration of the BC Chamber office (from Human Resources and lease negotiations to event coordination) and is intimately involved in the development of annual budgets – as well as controlling the funds of the Chamber.
The Director of Finance & Administration plays an important leadership role vis a vis their two direct reports (Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper). The winning candidate understands the importance of culture-building, is passionate about customer service and prides themselves on their exceptional communications skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience in business administration with strong emphasis on accounting.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, & Databases.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Accounting and general accounting practices.
- Knowledge of and general understanding of “not for profit” organizations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong teambuilding skills.
- Ability to provide direction and supervision to staff.
- Exceptional diplomacy, judgement & confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Listening and problem solving skills.
- General office skills
View the full job description on our website: http://www.bcchamber.org/director-finance-administration
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com before December 7th.
Please outline salary expectations in your cover letter.