Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, build and strengthen the internal team, creating a positive and supportive work environment.
- Coach direct reports with basic practices directives and be a sounding board when needed.
- Identify, recommend, and pursue opportunities to enhance programs or develop new programs that support BC Wildlife Federation’s strategic goals.
- Assist with the preparation, communication and distribution of various annual BCWF departmental Business Plans and Budgets.
- Research, review and summarize reports and documents, preparing overviews, backgrounders and presentations.
- Provide support to the Director of Operations, President and Board on all operational activities.
Program Management and Events
- Oversee, implement and develop the annual Programs plan, for all existing or new programs, including budgeting and program review (with the exception of the Wetlands Program). Please see the BCWF website for description of current programs, such as CORE, Hunter Education Course, etc.
- Keep master calendar of scheduled activities and events and initiate project management plans for each.
- Plan and attend Trade Shows and implementation details.
- With support from direct reports oversee the travel arrangements & coordination of meetings for the Executive, Board, Committees & department heads.
Communication and Meetings
- Coordinate with the communications department, special programs communications activities.
- Coordinate with communications department information to be published of success stories in relevant journals, magazines, newsletters and online platforms.
- Publish reports or articles on each project and make reports available on website for members, funders or relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate to BCWF members and clubs and identify partnership opportunities to strengthen linkages with program and members.
- With support from direct reports oversee the preparation and distribution of Executive, Board & Committee meeting minutes and correspondence, as required.
- Attend meetings and take, develop and distribute other meeting minutes, as assigned.
- Coordinate grant and fundraising activities with assistance of BCWF Development department.
- Coordinate financial tracking with assistance from BCWF Finance Coordinator.
- Obtain approval for purchases from the Director of Operations, as per BCWF policy.
- Prepare annual budgets in early Fall for approval by BOD.
- Obtain, maintain and renew applicable permits, licences and related requirements deemed necessary for sustainable on-going operations of the BCWF office
- Coordinate office activities and schedules, liaise with other departments.
- Develop volunteer program for the BCWF.