Duties and tasks:
• Develops and executes growth strategies to increase membership and strengthen retention.
• Establishes and builds effective relationships with CHP Canada's membership, potential members and member committees.
• Ensures effective delivery of programs and services to support CHP Canada's members • Develops and fosters effective collaboration internally to ensure an integrated approach to providing membership services to achieve CHP Canada's goals and objectives.
• Develops and executes a comprehensive multi-year stakeholder relations strategy for CHP Canada with input from members and colleagues.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with other organizations and external stakeholders to raise CHP Canada's profile and develop partnerships.
• Increases the number of strategic alliances and partnerships that exist between the association and other non-governmental organizations.
• Maintains a network of contacts with the CHP Canada's stakeholder environment, including health-related associations, advocacy organizations, public-private partnerships etc.
• Communicates with other professional associations and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for shared initiatives.
• Ensures work is well integrated with other activities of CHP Canada in support of the strategic plan.
• Performs other related duties as required.
As the ideal candidate, you have extensive experience working within the health sector, with a particular emphasis on stakeholder engagement. A background in sales and marketing as well as a strong understanding of the health products industry would be considered assets. Proactive and creative, you have a proven track record in developing programs and services for external audiences, and notable marketing experience within member or client-driven organizations. You bring a flair for innovation and collaboration and have effectively crafted diverse, creative strategies, to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders. You possess well-established relationships with key health sector influencers, as well as a proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels. An outstanding communicator and collaborator, you possess a high level of diplomacy, tact and judgment. You are looking for the opportunity to grow and impact the consumer health products industry for a well-established and dynamic organization that impacts the lives of Canadians and the sustainability of their healthcare system. Bilingualism will be considered an asset.
Education: University degree in a relevant field.
• 10+ years of related experience displaying clear advancement through progressively senior level positions.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, persuade and influence stakeholders.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in developing programs and services to meet member or external audience needs.
• Marketing experience, preferably with a member driven organization.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of the relevant health sector influencers and key stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and public relations skills with an ability to communicate clearly with a broad range of stakeholders
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and other related software.
• Ability to work in both English and French preferred
• Knowledge of the consumer health product industry an asset
Decision making and accountability
• Makes decisions and exercises a high level of judgement requiring extensive analysis and interpretation.
• Provides supervision to staff; assigns and monitors objectives and provides performance feedback.