Membership and Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO), founded in 1975, is a professional, results-driven, non-profit advocacy Association representing the business interests of nearly 200 consulting engineering firms employing more than 20,000 Ontarians. The values we strive to live and work by everyday include integrity, trust, collaboration, diversity and respect. Our work environment is professional, collaborative and congenial and our staff are engaged and motivated to deliver on our strategic objectives.
Our member firms range in size from sole practitioners to large multidisciplinary and multinational engineering companies providing a wide range of consulting services to government and private sector clients.
The Membership and Volunteer Engagement Specialist is a newly created position ideal for an outgoing customer-service orientated individual with experience in membership and marketing services.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Serve as the association’s chief engagement advocate, working collaboratively with the volunteer oversight and membership engagement committees to improve the quality of member engagement and volunteerism.
- The development of the volunteer recruitment, retention and recognition program of skilled volunteers for a variety of committees, sub-committees, taskforces and working groups.
- Proactively communicate the value for membership to new and existing members. Build awareness of CEO’s member benefits and services aimed at key contacts at each member organization.
- Execute the membership recruitment campaign and facilitate the new member application process through a welcome and orientation process.
- Manage and coordinate the membership renewal process and annual documentation requirements.
- Skillfully maintain the integrity of the membership database and actively reach out to the membership to ensure their data is current and complete.
- Manage and coordinate the board of directors’ and committees’ meeting arrangements.
Candidate Skills and Attributes
- Hands-on experience with current practices for membership marketing and engaging both new and existing members and volunteers, along with a strong desire to use new methods to engage both groups.
- Highly organized and competent in the use of MS Office and membership database programs.
- Personable and friendly manner with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize inquiries, requests and processes with minimal supervision.
- Strong written, verbal and project management skills.
- Must be available for occasional work outside of regular office hours.
- This position requires the individual to possess a valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle.
Experience and Education
- Previous membership coordination experience at a non-profit organization required; a minimum of five years progressive experience desired.
- Completed studies in business, communications, marketing or related fields preferred.
What’s in it for you?
Simply put – this is a great organization and the position will offer challenging work in a professional and stimulating environment. The candidate will have a significant opportunity to achieve results critical for the association. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits package, an employer matching RSP program, three weeks + of annual vacation and paid parking. The office is located in Etobicoke, close to Highway 427 and public transit.
How to Apply
- If you are qualified and interested in applying for this position it is important for you to include with your resume a cover letter explaining how you can apply your skills and experience to this position, along with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
- Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.