Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We currently have one opening for an Industrial Electrician with Mechanical Skills on our Aseptic Soup Operations Team at our plant located in Etobicoke
At Campbell Company of Canada, we believe that exceptional people truly make a difference and together we aim for a legacy of accomplishment second to none. We've made a career of searching for the best and the brightest professionals at every level and in every specialty. Powered by a 'Can Do' attitude, our employees move with purpose, lead with integrity, and are passionate about quality and growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a food processing/ packaging or pharmaceutical environment
- Experience electrically with troubleshooting sensors, solenoids, basic PLC (on line check I/O for troubleshooting purposes), VFD’s 24V control and 3 phase motor systems
- Mechanically must be competent in pneumatics, high speed packaging and filling machines associated with the food, beverage or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in change over, set up and some robotics is an asset
- Processing (flow/volume/pressure/temperature) and instrumentation is an asset
- Proven troubleshooting skills and a mindset of making mechanical improvements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-skilled 3-shift environment
- Licensed Millwright or Licensed Electrician accreditation a must
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated regard for safety and knowledge of standards
- Able to take initiative and responsibility for performance and efficiency of area equipment
- Capable and competent in handling multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of TPM
- Experience with Leadership and supervision is desirable
- Perform Technical troubleshooting, changeovers and preventive maintenance to achieve reliability goals.
- Plan, initiate and execute technical work to increase overall efficiency of department
- Initiate work and ideas to ensure area equipment meets reliability needs
- Effectively complete planned work order requests and feedback conditions and observations for improvements
- Suggest and complete minor projects to improve performance of equipment in designated area
- Follow-up on inspections, work orders and improvements to area
- Complete Root Cause Failure Analysis on problems and issues on equipment in your area
- Lead team members on resolving problems/issues that impact department performance
- Carry out unplanned repairs as assigned and directed
- Assist personnel from other departments and provide technical training in order to improve efficiency in department
Employee Development at Campbell:
There are multiple facets to Campbell Company of Canada’s employee development program. We believe that every employee should have the opportunity to learn and grow to the maximum of his/her potential and that the best learning and development experiences are provided through challenges on-the-job. We encourage our employees to work with their managers to develop a learning and development plan. Together this will lead to helping our employees “do their best work every day”.
Employee Benefits & Wellness:
At Campbell, we believe in empowering people by providing the tools and knowledge that they need to manage and balance their professional and personal lives. The benefit programs for employees at Campbell have been designed to support this philosophy. In addition to core health insurance plans we offer many extras including:
- Company-paid contributions toward a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Children's Scholarship Programs
- Reimbursement of Professional Fees
- Best Doctors Membership
- Vacation Purchase Program
- On-site Fitness Center with a dedicated Fitness Consultant
- Wellness Workshops
If you are interested in this opportunity please complete an online profile and apply through http://www.campbellsoup.ca/en-ca/about-us/careers. Requisition 05945
No telephone calls please.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that candidates must meet the requirements on math and mechanical aptitude tests, in order to proceed with an interview.
Campbell Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Campbell...Real food that matters for life’s moments.
Where icon brands thrive.
People are valued.
And you can make a difference.