Reporting to the Director, Strategic Development, the Manager, Member Recruitment and Engagement will be responsible for developing, executing and managing all strategies and initiatives as they relate to recruiting new members, and engaging and retaining existing members.
Acting as the advocate of the OPA membership both within and outside of the organization, this seasoned individual will be in-touch with current and emerging member needs, understands the challenges faced by the profession and has an eye to making positive change. This candidate will bring forward innovative ideas and recommendations for improving OPA’s value proposition to existing and prospective members.
Assigned a mandate to grow membership targets, and retain current levels, the successful candidate is an energetic and motivated self-starter who has proven experience with meeting and exceeding sales and/or fundraising goals in a highly dynamic work environment.
Highly collaborative, possessing a “can-do” attitude, and a key member of the Strategic Development team, he or she will work proactively and effectively with various OPA departments, including Communications and Marketing, Customer Experience and Administration, Information Technology and Professional Affairs to deliver on OPA’s brand promise, and member commitments.
He or she will also oversee execution of the annual membership drive as well as all member communications; working closely with the Communications and Marketing department to deliver targeted and relevant messages through various channels.
- Oversee and deliver on organizational objectives as they relate to member acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Ensure delivery of a strong value proposition to members, continuously assessing and enhancing as needed.
- Develop and execute strategies for growing all OPA membership categories (pharmacy owners, staff pharmacists, pharmacy students, technicians, hospital pharmacists, among others).
- Assess and develop measurable member engagement criteria, and assess and evaluate progress based on benchmarks.
- Liaise with the pharmacy faculties’ student organizations and clubs to develop and foster student membership.
- Manage the member benefits program and third party providers, with an eye to improving member benefits as needed.
- In collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Manager, conduct regular member surveys, polls, focus groups and other research to determine immediate needs of members and critical issues facing the profession.
- Provide monthly and quarterly progress reports on meeting member targets.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and teams (CEA Team) to create processes and efficiencies in dealing with member interactions.
- Represent OPA on various internal & external committees and groups as needed.
- Obtain and present market and industry research and feedback to OPA senior leadership on an as-needed basis.
- Manage an annual budget.
- Manage Business Development seasonal staff.
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor in Business Administration preferred).
- MBA an asset.
- CAE and CFRE designation an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, customer service, and business development.
- Prior experience in a membership-based organization/association or managing a member program an asset.
- Experienced with volunteer recruitment and leading a committee of volunteers.
- A working knowledge of the Ontario health care environment and pharmacy industry are assets.
Skills / Knowledge
- Tenacious, energetic and a self-starter.
- An enthusiastic learner.
- A people-person, highly approachable, friendly and collaborative.
- Able to easily build strong internal and external relationships and to relate well to others.
- Capable of inspiring coworkers, members and volunteers into action.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-departmental team.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Service-driven, and highly effective at customer service.
- Proficient with budget development and management.
- Detailed-oriented and can work well under tight timelines and shifting priorities as needed.
- Experience with managing, development and coaching staff.
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills.
- Able to analyze data and present findings in a meaningful manner.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Experience working with an association management software preferred.
- Ability to occasionally travel to events and meetings within Ontario.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume along with their salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATION:
It is important to OPA that all its employees, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.