Applications are being accepted for a dynamic, collaborative, mission-driven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of nurturing relationships with partners and stakeholders while taking the organization to the next level of innovation and contribution. The new President & CEO will be a change maker—leading The KWCF for greater impact, building upon strong momentum and recent results.
Candidate’s Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- A track record of success in a senior executive role with an innovative, outcomes-oriented organization which could be in the private or public sector, not-for-profit or fundraising environments. The ideal candidate will also bring a commitment and involvement in community work through significant volunteer leadership roles.
- A dynamic and passionate leader with the ability to develop a shared vision among staff, Board Members and with external stakeholders, funders, donors community groups and various levels of government. Evidence of inspiring and empowering people to look for opportunities to enhance the organization’s ability to deliver on its mission.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize the nature and long-term evolution of The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation and to devise strategies that, in collaboration with our partners, will ensure The Foundation can meet its mandate now and in the future.
- The capacity to bring together the philanthropic community to create something bigger for the community. Through strength of personality and driving passion, be a leader not just of The KWCF but for the whole sector in the region.
- Initiator in joint ventures with community leaders and key stakeholders for the betterment of the community.
- Comfortability with donors, grantee agencies, other funders, and governments, national and international partners within the philanthropic sector. A collaborator and nurturer of key partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the business and technological needs of an organization of related size and complexity. Strong financial acumen; informed and comfortable with new technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of the Waterloo Region, the socio-political environment and issues facing the region.
- Understands and appreciates the impact investing ecosystem. Values using capital assets to invest in social enterprise
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your resume, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs/73. Select the 'Apply' button to upload your resume and cover letter (in one document) by March 17, 2017. For technical issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please reach out to Liz Latimer at 416.690.5377.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted in one document online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.