• The Customer Service Relations manager is responsible for maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external CADSI relationships by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the Customer Service Department
• This position will report to the AVP, Operations, Business Development
• The Customer Service Relations manager is responsible for broad range customer relation duties in support of CADSI membership, sales and business development.
• The Customer Relations manager will have accountability for the development of customer service & sales related strategies supporting CADSI’s business development objectives, priorities and plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service Relations
• Develops and implements policies for the Customer Service Department
• Develops annual sales strategy
• Partners with the management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the companies’ objectives
• Oversees customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
• Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department
• Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
• Maintains in-depth working knowledge of CADSI’s systems and processes
• Responsible for supporting SME Committee, includes minute taking and distribution. Must maintain open lines of communication effectively
• Responsible for employees training and development
• Sets performance standards to meet service goals of CADSI
• Responsible for managing database integrity
• Coaches Customer Service Team in order to achieve high performance
• Structures the training agenda for department members
• Measures Customer Service Representatives performance and makes employment decisions
• Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
• Provides feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information
• Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices
• Assists Customer Service Representatives, in trouble shooting issues that require special handing
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
• Performs other related duties as assigned Education/Experience Skills/Certification/Specialized Knowledge
• University graduate in business management, sales or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, or a related field an asset.
• Minimum of five years’ experience
• Experience in developing sales and customer service related team and programs.
• Knowledge of the defence and security industrial sector an asset.
• Effective management of budgets and schedules.
• Bilingual essential (English/French)
• Research skills
• Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage time and multitask effectively.
• Must possess excellent writing skills and be an effective communicator among a diverse constituency.
• Database management and analysis
• Knowledge and training in CRM tools is an asset. Abilities Other Characteristics
• Ability to prioritize work
• Ability to design and build leads using workflow campaigns that pull leads down a sales funnel.
• Experience selling to executive level decision makers
• Strong motivation and self-driven
• Problem solving, often on very short timelines
• Working to tight deadlines
• Team player with demonstrated attention to detail and being able to work independently
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internal and external to CADSI.
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Customer-service focused.
• Flexible, Cooperative and team oriented
• Willing to update and apply job knowledge, and to share it as required Decision Making Consequence of Error
• As appropriate using relevant information and individual judgement to ensure compliance with policy, procedures, laws regulations and standards.
• Monitor processes, events and environment to detect or assess and fix or report problems related to duties.
Consequences of Error
• Misdirected information and resulting time delays.
• Loss or uneconomical use of financial or material resources.
• Loss of CADSI credibility and reputation.
• Embarrassment and unnecessary effort if wrong information provided.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Downtown climate-controlled office environment, frequent interruptions, flexible hours, overtime may be required, local & international area travel may be required.
Long periods of sitting, eye and muscle strain which may result from using office equipment and a computer. Lift up to 25 lbs.
Date: February 2017