The Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) is the voice of the land development and home building and professional renovation industry in the Greater Toronto Area. A high profile not-for-profit trade association, we represent more than 1,450 member companies. We are currently seeking a skilled professional with communication and marketing experience and strong writing skills.
As part of a small in-house communications team, the Specialist will be responsible for communicating and promoting industry and association news and information internally and externally through multiple platforms and tools including paid advertising, digital and print publications and presentations.
- Research, write and edit numerous communications products, including bi-weekly member e-newsletters, newspaper columns, media releases, announcements, key messaging and presentations;
- Coordination of marketing campaigns;
- Media relations including media monitoring and media list development;
- Website and social media administration and management;
- Support executive management at member and external events through preparation of messaging, presentations and speeches;
- A minimum of 4 years experience in communications, marketing or public relations
- Experience writing and editing a variety of communications and marketing products
- Web and social media savvy, with knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, set and achieve deadlines, and manage a demanding workload
- Thrive in a fast-paced, diversified work environment
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign – and understanding of print production
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume, by March 17, 2017 to: Info@bildgta.ca. We thank all respondents in advance. No phone calls please.