The duties of the Senior Director would include:
- Managing and overseeing CBA stakeholder relationships with a variety of governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Creating strategic partnerships to support industry advocacy efforts.
- Developing and managing coalitions of like-minded organizations on relevant beverage industry priorities.
- Understanding industry trends and insights and communicating them to stakeholders.
- Working with the Senior Director, Government Affairs to develop and execute industry relations strategies related to environmental stewardship at all levels of government, consistent with industry and association objectives.
- Developing, implementing and managing an ongoing grassroots mobilization strategy, leveraging member companies and their employees, to increase the visibility of the sector with stakeholders.
- Working in conjunction with the President and other senior directors on ongoing industry/ membership relations issues to achieve successful outcomes for the Association.
- Organize, coordinate and build consensus with CBA member committees.
- Attending industry affairs or regulatory meetings as a CBA representative which would require some travel.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Candidates must have:
- Proven experience developing and managing strategic relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of professional industry affairs, government relations, stakeholder management and/or policy experience in an association, think tank, Minister’s office, private company, crown corporation, government department or government relations agency.
- Extensive writing and editing experience including having been lead author of substantial reports, government submissions and/or legislation. Experience writing advocacy materials and communicating with government, stakeholder, or educated public audience is particularly useful.
- Presentation experience and highly-developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
It would be a strong asset for candidates to have:
- French language skills, legislative and regulatory knowledge.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION
Relevant educational credentials preferably with an environmental science, political science or related University degree.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS – PERSONAL QUALITIES / STYLE
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a driven, best-in-class performer who is extraordinarily productive, highly-organized, action oriented and an independent self-starter with effective time management skills.
- Have the ability to cope in a demanding environment (e.g. juggling multiple priorities in pressure situations under tight deadlines).
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Adapt and be flexible in situations that are highly collaborative and have shifting priorities.
- Have a high level of maturity and a broad environmental, governmental and public affairs sensibility.
- Ability to maintain neutral and objective position within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- An outgoing, service-oriented attitude is critical.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
We offer a cooperative and flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits. We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be considered.
Interested candidates may submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 15, 2017.