Dietitians of Canada is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to support both the organization and volunteer members by planning, managing, promoting and evaluating national and regional events which include the Association's annual general meeting, annual national conference, which draws more than 500 delegates; national and regional events and live and distance location education sessions.
This is a full time position located in the Dietitians of Canada office in downtown Toronto.
- In collaboration with the Director of Education Policy and Programs, coordinate logistics for national and regional events including site selection and logistics, catering, AV, preparing and/or monitoring event budgets, managing supplier order to pay process, on-line registration and event evaluation process
- Source venues and contractors, obtain quotes and conduct site visits.
- Liaise with and handle arrangements for speakers, exhibitors and delegates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to develop the promotional strategy to build conference and event awareness.
- Recommend ideas, themes, delivery format and agenda topics that will enhance conferences and events as well as the member experience.
- Provide leadership and support to volunteers, ensuring that they successfully execute local events and achieve the identified financial targets
- Prepare monthly newsletters promoting all learning programs (live and online)
- Maintain detailed and accurate event files, e.g. exhibitor databases, recording contact and financial information
- Maintain current knowledge of Best Practice in relation to special events management and remain knowledgeable on trends associated with special events, typically gained through networking and independent research
- 4-6 years experience in event management preferably in a member services environment with knowledge of planning events and conferences of all sizes from 30- 600+ attendees,
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and members
- A level of financial acumen commensurate with managing event budgets
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to shift priorities as needed
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Proven time management skills with the ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Willingness to manage the small details of events
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced level knowledge with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required and travel occasionally for the annual conference
- Diploma or degree in marketing, communication, public relations or business, successful completion of the Certified Management Planners (CMP) designation is an asset
- Fluency in both official languages would be an asset
To apply: send your cover letter linking your knowledge, experience and achievements to the requirements of this position and your CV