REPORTS TO President & CEO
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides executive support to the President & CEO, and as well as general office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies in support of the association’s various member programs and services.
Executive Support to President & CEO (35%)
1. Coordinate the President & CEO’s schedule appointments, reservations and travel arrangements.
2. Organize meetings with other executives, government officials, members, staff, etc.
3. Assist with the preparation of meeting materials, presentations and other documents.
4. Review and action executive mail, faxes and emails as required.
5. Be able to respond to general inquiries or questions on behalf of the President & CEO as required.
6. Exercise appropriate judgement when dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
Administrative Coordination and Support (65%)
1. Provide administrative support and coordination to ensure that association operations are maintained in an effective and accurate manner. This would include preparing correspondence, reports and other documents; maintaining office files; open and distribute the mail; prepare and distribute meeting minutes, coordinate repairs to office equipment.
2. Provide reception services, which includes greeting and assisting visitors upon their arrival; answering phones; direct calls and respond to inquiries; review and distribute electronic faxes received using judgement and respecting confidentiality protocols.
3. Provide operational support at association events that may take place at the association offices or at other locations from time to time. This would include assisting in the set-up and tear-down of the event, providing registration services, and other on-site support as required.
4. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating the need for supplies and working with the Manager of Corporate and Business Services, to order supplies as necessary; verifying receipt of supplies and signing off on order receipts so that payments may be authorized.
5. Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supply inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
6. At the request of the Manager of Corporate and Business Services, completes and makes periodic bank deposits including preparation of deposit records for senior management approval.
7. Provides technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as purchasing, record keeping, training, and contract administration.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
9. Other duties as required
College diploma or university degree with experience in providing administrative support services in an office environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
1. Highly organized individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks, and able to manage competing priorities in an effective and appropriate manner;
2. Ability to foster, maintain, and develop relationships with members, stakeholders, suppliers, and the public;
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills;
4. Pleasant manner and personality;
5. Technical mastery of Microsoft Office suite, and proprietary membership database software such as iMIS; demonstrated ability to search the Internet and conduct research and source information;
6. Experience in answering telephone, email, and web site inquiries, and either responding directly or forwarding the inquiry to the appropriate staff for action;
7. Basic book-keeping and records-management skills;
Experience in, or familiarity with the rental housing industry would be an asset.
To set priorities in an environment with tight deadlines & competing demands.
Identify general office tasks that need to be completed regularly and ensure they are done in a timely and professional manner.
To always represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner.
Planning & Organizing:
To manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
To set and achieve challenging goals, meeting all timelines and quality delivery expectations.
To provide strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify issues and provide an appropriate range of options and related risk analysis.
To be extremely organized, detail oriented and thorough, with a high regard of meeting timelines and expectations of delivery quality.
Problem Solving and Judgment:
To demonstrate diplomacy and tact to persevere in a challenging environment.
To analyze & articulate FRPO’s position & recommend appropriate courses of action.
To demonstrate excellent judgement when dealing with a variety of issues and implementing solutions.
Continuous concentrated effort to analyze information including financial, research, prepare written documents and reports, etc.
Requires excellent listening & concentration skills, due to frequent interruptions, for short periods of time on a frequent basis.
Usual office. Some travel.
Office environment, some weekend & evening work.
Multiple deadlines, pressure & long hours.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.