This entry-level position reports to the President & CEO and involves administrative, general office, education, and other duties. The candidate will support the President & CEO in organizing and distributing meeting materials to the CSAE Board of Directors and in maintaining communication with the Chapters.
Applicants for the Administrative Assistant position are advised that the current President & CEO will transition out of his role on May 31, 2017. The process of hiring a new President & CEO is underway and they are expected to be onboard in late May.
The Administrate Assistant must be well organized, responsible, highly motivated, efficient, detail-oriented, creative, and flexible with the ability to coordinate a variety of responsibilities.
- Prepare all materials prior to the Board meetings and distribute accordingly
- Contact hotel to arrange space reservations and contracts for Board meetings
- Act as onsite contact for hotel vendors - (Food and Beverage Manager, Front Desk, etc.)
- Make travel arrangements and manage expense forms from attendees
- Operate within budget and adjust as necessary
- Make travel, meeting and event arrangements
- Develop, maintain and update Board working manual, Corporate Book, new Board member orientation session binders, etc.
- Prepare Board meeting agendas, and transcribe or distribute minutes.
- Attend board meetings as requested.
- Create and update MS Office documents, including Word tables, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Send correspondence on behalf of the President & CEO
- Generate letters and do mail merges
- Post content and upload documents as directed by the President & CEO
- Pull lists/queries from the database as requested
- Provide day-to-day administrative support including answering reception phone and transferring calls as required; respond to general inquiries independently
- Sort and distribute incoming e-mail and mail
- Keep track of stationary inventory and place orders, including business cards
- Monitor general office supplies inventory, place orders, return items when needed
- Monthly photocopier meter reading reports, monitor proper functioning of all equipment and place service calls when necessary, monitor and order printer and photocopier supplies
- Monitor postage machine and add funds when necessary
- Ensure adequate levels of supplies for staff kitchen
- General maintenance (i.e. housekeeping) of the mailroom (excluding publications) and disposing of unused cartons and other material
- Liaise with off-site storage company, process retrieval and deposit of material for storage
- Liaise with building property management regarding office items
- Courier/mail items as requested
- Prepare and generate a variety of scheduled and ad hoc reports
- Update, maintain, and verify information in spreadsheets and databases
- Balance and control petty cash
- Assemble, copy, collate, and disseminate documents and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with the promotion of the CAE program as needed
- Conduct phone calls to existing students and prospects regarding term start dates and program options
- Update the CAE web pages and the course outlines in Moodle as needed
- Provide social media support as requested to ensure an ongoing presence for the CAE program on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Assist with course payments, registrations, deferrals, etc.
- Edit and post documents to website in HTML
- Additional education support as needed
- Provide Chapter support staff with orientation upon hire
- Create Event pages in database with details provided by the Chapters
- Participate in Chapter conference calls if required
- Update Event pages on website including speaker information, promotional copy, sell-outs, etc. in HTML to guarantee mobile responsiveness
- Process registrations, refunds and transfers for Chapter events
- Provide technical support to Chapters when registration issues occur
- Organize promotional copy for mail out flyers
- Provide additional Chapter support as needed
- Manage distribution of BoardREADY Card Deck orders and provide customer support when needed
- Assist Finance department with compiling daily batched information and reports
- Review book formatting prior to publishing
- Assist membership team with New Member Kits, renewal mail outs and other promotion activities
- Communicate with Corporate Sponsors regarding promotional flyers, online profiles and distribution of featured article
- Relevant education and two years of experience
- Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with membership/customer databases an asset
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Work well in both a team environment and independently
- Quick learner and self-motivated
- Organized, efficient team player
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to Paige Luet at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.