- Work alongside the President to ensure the Institute’s Long Range Plan is being implemented and also to identify obstacles to implementation. Mentor and coach all direct-reports;
- Manage all internal operations and approve expenditures up to a maximum of $5,000;
- Assist President with HR activities including hiring and termination of personnel, discipline and in ensuring the Institute offers a positive work environment that encourages and welcomes new ideas, diversity and a commitment to offering the highest quality of services and programs;
- Responsible for onboarding new staff;
- Responsible for maintaining staff policy and procedures manual, ensuring it relates to current best practices and ensuring all staff understand the policies, rules and regulations;
- Prepare Agenda and Lead team meetings (held every two weeks);
- Manage Admin staff (3 people) to ensure projects are moving forward;
- Work with all staff to ensure that the objectives of the Institute’s Board of Directors are being addressed;
- Oversee all office equipment; Check/ensure all office equipment is in proper operating order at all times;
- Organize office operations and procedures;
- Manage relationships, contracts with office vendors, office service providers, and landlord;
- Manage office supplies inventory;
- Prepare and summarize annual vacation schedule for all staff.
Assist the Ontario Region President and Board in planning and execution of a yearly program consisting of up to 5 Board meetings including a planning meeting, 4 business meetings, 1 golf tournament and 1 social event.
Organize and execute all logistics for 3 or 4 Business meeting luncheons per year with featured speaker.
- Organize and execute 4 or 5 Board meetings per year;
- Report to a 13 Director Board;
- Preparing agenda, documentation and minutes for each Board meeting;
- Work with Board Directors to ensure they are aware of Board requirements;
- Follow up with Directors on necessary action items.
- Prepare annual Region Operating Budget;
- Prepare budget for all Region Events;
- Review Region financials with Accountant on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and distribute 4 Region Newsletters per year;
- Ensure list of Region members is accurate in database;
- Liaise with Region members on industry issues and/or training opportunities;
- Survey Region members when necessary;
- Work with the Ontario Region Marketing Committee to promote all upcoming Region events.
- College or university business degree in business administration or other related field;
- Holds CAE designation or working towards.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years Not-For-Profit Association management experience;
- Event management and membership recruitment experience would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and financial management;
- Highly professional written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external parties;
- A team player with leadership and people management skills to manage, motivate and coach admin staff and deal with conflict resolution;
- Strong analytical skills to identify operational requirements and present best solutions to address deficiencies;
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external parties including staff, volunteers, suppliers and other customers;
- Excellent Knowledge of: MS Office, Computer operating systems (networked) and Computer hardware;
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
PLEASE SUMBMIT RESUME TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS BELOW