Summary of Position:
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing a wide range of communication and marketing processes and projects. The Coordinator interacts with all departments to ensure that the collateral and other communications reflect the brand of the Association accurately. The individual working in this position will perform a range of administrative and communication support duties related to the daily operations of the Membership, Marketing and Communications Department.
Reports to: Director, Membership and Marketing
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing design and content of Website, and working with the IT department to introduce enhancements.
- Managing social media activities, including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Compiling, editing and distributing e-newsletter.
- Writing content for, editing, designing and layout of brochures and other commercialization materials either independently or utilizing a graphic design resource.
- Writing speeches for Institute staff and volunteers.
- Development of print or electronic ads and email communications based on discussion with Director, Membership and Marketing and project colleagues.
- Writing promotional content for a wide range of mediums and audiences.
- The Communications Coordinator will be required to assist with other SCMAO projects and initiatives.
- Service Orientation
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Time Management (Multitasking)
- Project Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Written Communication
- Team Player
- Digital Marketing Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2 years in a communications or marketing role, preferably in a membership organization.
- College/university degree in business administration and/or marketing/communication.
- Completed, or working towards relevant professional designation.
- Experience as an administration assistant or co-ordinator.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve and lead.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with WYSIWYG web editors, Dreamweaver and HTML.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe CS.
- Understanding of how to leverage earned-media opportunities.
- Some flexible work hours
- Some travel
SCMAO is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. SCMAO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only be contacting those candidates considered for an interview.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.