Marketing & Communications Assistant
We are currently searching for a Marketing & Communications Assistant who will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager to create and implement an annual marketing and communications business plan to deliver a results oriented branding and communications strategy and all related tactics.
Duties and Responsibilities will include: Marketing
• Assist with creating and implementing an annual marketing business plan and budget that addresses delivery of strategic, creative, relevant, innovative and results-oriented marketing, brand development and promotions solutions for all aspects of the BCWF.
• Assist in the development and tracking of a branding strategy for the BCWF, including graphics standards and applicable policies.
• Implement and track marketing and promotional strategies and tactics for BCWF’s revenue generating initiatives (ie: Conservation Lottery), etc., in liaison with the Development and other departments.
• Facilitate the design elements of the BCWF website (banners, ads, graphics, images, videos, etc.).
• Plan, schedule, identify, secure and manage all required logistics related to BCWF’s participation in various trade shows, celebrations and outreach activities.
Communications and Social Media
• Assist with creating and implementing an annual communications business plan and budget that addresses delivery of strategic, timely, factual, relevant, and innovative communications solutions for all aspects of the BCWF.
• Create and implement communication pieces for the BCWF in various advertising, promotional materials, social media, website and other communication avenues.
• Create weekly member e-updates and Board e-updates, monthly club e-updates, monthly club mailers (print and electronic) and content development for the monthly newsletter (print and electronic), bi-monthly BCWF section in BC Outdoors Magazine, Annual Report and other applicable specialty communications.
• Research and develop content for the BCWF Social media sites. Curate/manage content on partner sites. Provide status updates on all applicable social media sites and drive traffic to the BCWF website.
• Assist in proactively seeking media coverage for newsworthy initiatives. Develop press releases, fact sheets and backgrounders. Plan media launches; act as, or work with, designated spokesperson and coordinate interviews for print, TV and radio, develop media relationships and manage/maintain the media contact database.
Design and Advertising
• Develop print production and timely distribution for all BCWF collateral materials (brochures, rack cards, flyers, kits, donor material, etc.), in liaison with applicable departments.
• Develop the design and ad elements of all applicable print and electronic communications and collateral, including the monthly newsletter, member e-updates, brochures & rack cards, BCWF section of BC Outdoors magazine, Annual Report, display banners & outreach materials, etc.
• Produce all print and promotional materials related to the AGM & Convention, in accordance with the annual theme and in keeping with overall BCWF graphics standards, including programs, posters, tickets, power point presentations, etc.
• Assist BCWF departments with the design, layout and production of their materials.
• Design layouts and templates for BCWF presentations using PowerPoint and other applicable presentation software.
• Create production schedules and placement of all BCWF ads and advertorials.
• Manage the design, development, distribution and tracking of BCWF logo promotional merchandise, in liaison with applicable departments, particularly Development.
• Serve as BCWF liaison for print suppliers, photographers, graphic designers, web service agencies and other related promotions and marketing vendors.
• Develop, manage and track a collateral materials inventory management system.
• Undertake special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline.
• 3 to 5 years marketing and communications experience, preferable within a non profit organization.
• Experience working with non-profit Boards, committees and volunteers.
• Must complete a Provincial Criminal Record check.
• Proficiency working in a Windows/Microsoft environment, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and social media platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong personal alignment with BCWF’s mission, goals and values, (applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website for further details).
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior customer service attributes, a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
• Must have strong editing skills and established media contacts.
• Must be extremely well organized, analytical, flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter, capable of working well independently as well as within a dynamic, multi-faceted team environment.
• Must be able to keep strict confidentiality and sign an oath of confidentiality.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and extended hours, where necessary, to accommodate activities and events of the Federation.
This is a permanent full time position and our offices are conveniently located close to Hwy 1 and the Golden Ears Bridge.
Please forward a single word or PDF file combined cover letter, stating salary expectations and resume, along with examples of your marketing/design work and a writing sample.
Please put position title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until April 17, 2017.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the BC Wildlife Federation. For other career opportunities, please visit our website. www.bcwf.bc.ca