The Manitoba Dental Hygienists Association is looking for an energetic, motivated and organized person with strong communication skills to serve our organization as Executive Director. The job description for this part time position will evolve over time as the association continues to grow.
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of the MDHA.
- Providing financial management services including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, financial reporting to the Board of Directors, and coordination of year- end financial review with the MDHA’s accounting firm.
- Maintaining positive and open lines of communications with MDHA members and industry partners, including but not limited to governments, professional associations, educational institutions, licensing bodies.
- Communicating and working with the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (CDHA).
- Conducting the affairs of the MDHA in an ethical and efficient manner, conforming to the By-laws of the organization, and the laws and regulations of the federal, provincial, and municipal governments.
- Collaborating with the Board of Directors and committees to enhance the strategic/governance model and effectiveness of the MDHA, ensuring that focus is directed to the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Strong leadership and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office software including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with payroll, accounting, and finances.
- Availability to travel, if required.
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
Knowledge of health legislation, regulation and administration an asset.
Experience in directing a not-for-profit association would be an asset.
A more detailed job description is available upon request.