Chemical Institute of Canada
Technical Programs Leader Position Posting
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) is seeking applicants for the position of Technical Programs Leader under the general direction of the Director, Finance and Operations. The position will be responsible for supporting conferences by managing all aspects of the technical program and the conference volunteers. The Leader is also responsible for the affairs of the technical divisions of the CIC, CSC, and CSChE and for providing IT support to the national office.
- Manages the conference technical programs ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Manages the conference abstract software including abstract submissions.
- Produces the conference programs in online and print formats.
- Communicates with authors regarding abstract submission, acceptance notifications and scheduling of presentations.
- Updates conference websites.
- Coordinates the conference volunteers, prepares the schedule and conducts training.
- Responds to conference inquiries regarding the technical program, registration and invitation letter requests.
- Provides administrative support for the subject divisions including financial reporting, submitting grant requests and coordinating meetings.
- Manages membership and conference statistics.
- IT experience required in: html, database management using CiviCRM and Drupal.
- Knowledge of chemistry and/or chemical engineering an asset.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience required.
- Bilingualism an asset.
The Chemical Institute of Canada offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply please forward your résumé with a covering letter including salary expectations by May 26, 2017 to: Chemical Institute of Canada, Director, Finance and Operations, 222-400 Queen Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9, or by email to: email@example.com.