Based in Markham
Who we are:
A non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market.
What we need:
A results-oriented individual possessing the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Social Services or Career and Work Counseling, at an accredited College or University and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years staff management experience at a senior level, managing and working with cross-functional teams, in a multi-site agency
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Ability to lead and mentor a diverse team
- Strong project coordination and management skills
- Experience with budgetary functions and reporting
- Takes initiative and is a strong self-starter who takes responsibility and is accountable for their actions and decisions
- Highly developed business acumen and analytical skills to evaluate business systems and formulate long-range fiscal and strategic plans
- Results oriented, with a proactive, resourceful, and quality oriented approach
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission, values and beliefs of the organization
- A valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do:
The Director of Employment Services and Programs will be responsible for the direction and coordination of Employment Services and Programs activities consistent with Job Skills’ established goals, objectives and policies.
As part of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Director will be responsible in managing the day to day operations of the agency along with the Executive Director. The Director will follow directions set out by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Position responsibilities will include:
- Support and participate in the development of policies, strategic initiatives and other organizational employment/training programs for the agency as part of the Senior Management Team
- Prepare strategic service delivery plans for the department and oversee implementation outcomes and monitor progress and outcomes
- Develop and write funding proposals in response to call for proposals, as well as prepare unsolicited submissions to address identified employment service gaps and changing labour market needs
- Develop, write and submit required reports for the Board of Directors and the agency’s Funders
- Maintain current statistics and trend information that pertains to employment services and opportunities for the agency
Programs and Services Delivery:
- Oversee the development and implementing of employment services while ensuring quality standards and contractual targets are maintained and/or exceeded
- Direct, coordinate and manage multiple service delivery sites and contracts; ensure service standards are maintained and/or exceeded and consistent throughout the Department
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Department to ensure appropriate marketing strategies and tools are developed for each program within the department and that the strategy is implemented within the organization’s overall Marketing/Communications Plan
- Maintain year-round communication with Funders including telephone, email and in-person meetings
- Attend, lead and/or participate in community committees and working groups to influence, assist in planning, create partnerships that could be leveraged for programs relating to labour adjustment
- Identify problem areas and make recommendations for remedial action using innovative strategies
- Assist with and/or negotiate all contracts in conjunction with the Finance Department, in response to successful proposal submissions
- Develop and monitor budgets, with support from the Finance Department
- Ensure that contractual financial requirements are met with no more than 10% slippage rate
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring of all staff for the department
- Provide direction, structure and supervision to all departmental staff and motivate staff to perform at their highest level
- Ensure new staff members receive appropriate orientation to the department and the organization
- Carry out and/or ensure all department staff receive performance evaluations and set developmental targets yearly according to agency standards
- Ensure professional development for individual staff members is congruent with both individual and organizational plans
What you will get:
In addition to the satisfaction gained from working for an organization that supports individuals to reach their employment goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our Staff, our community and our clients.
As the Director of Employment Services and Programs, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and contribute to the overall success of the organization through policy development and strategic planning. You will follow directions set out by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace Job Skills incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and Client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line and tell us how you learned about this job in your cover letter.
Please reply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. May 19th, 2017.
14-130 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1