Currently, the CSTA is seeking an:
Canadian Seed Trade Association
It is an exciting time for the Canadian seed industry. If you are a highly motivated leader who brings passion for driving strategies to enhance the interests of a dynamic membership of seed companies through the CSTA, we want to hear from you. As Executive Director, your primary responsibilities will include:
- providing vision and leadership, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, for the strategic direction of the CSTA and the Canadian seed companies it represents;
- accountability to the Board of Directors for the management of staff, operations and administration of the CSTA;
- clearly communicating the CSTA’s vision to the membership stakeholders, farmers, industry and governments domestically and internationally;
- acting as key influencer on a broad array of issues affecting the CSTA membership relating to Canadian agriculture, regulatory and trade policies; and,
- providing a strong and informed voice to ensure the CSTA’s messages are heard on issues affecting the seed industry in Canada and internationally; including representing the seed sector on committees and boards and other official functions.
- post-secondary education, preferably in agriculture, science and / or business; MBA or Master’s degree considered an asset;
- strong ability to translate a vision into action; identify, assess and address industry issues;
- significant collaborator and team player; able to facilitate and share ideas;
- strong financial and management skills, with experience in strategic business planning and implementation;
- proven experience managing staff;
- proven ability to work and communicate with a Board of Directors;
- exceptional skills in developing and maintaining strong business relationships;
- broad knowledge of the agri-business industry, and specific knowledge of the seed industry is an asset;
- excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills, good listener, integrity and good judgment; and,
- ability to travel extensively, domestically and internationally.
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability.
Applications must be received by May 31, 2017.
Apply, with resume, to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Wolfe Management Inc. 5315 Portage Avenue, Headingley, Manitoba, Canada R4H 1J9