The Communications & Marketing Assistant is responsible to support the mandate of the communications department with a wide range of communication and marketing processes and projects. This individual will interact with all departments to ensure that the collateral and other communications reflect the brand of the association accurately.
This position is also required to complete regular administrative tasks for the communications team as well as to assist with the effective planning and delivery of various events. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the association’s values and beliefs, contributing to the strategic and business initiatives of the association while assisting in creating a positive and professional working environment. Occasionally required to travel for business purposes
The following tasks, duties and responsibilities are the essential functions of this job on an ongoing basis.
- Develop a good understanding of the range of communications tools available and assist in their use for communications.
- Assist in the coordination, production and editing of the monthly association eBulletin.
- Assist in developing content for association outreach publications, including:
- Annual Report
- Practice bulletins
- Brochures and informative documents
- Assist in managing social media activities, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Writing promotional content for a wide range of mediums and audiences.
- Writing and editing content for the AAA website.
Provide planning and administrative support for association events, including:
- Research venues.
- Write content for engaging communications materials for each event.
- Set up events on the AAA website to enable online registration.
- Coordinate services (e.g., accommodation and transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, security).
- Assist in planning entertainment and social gatherings for participants.
- Assist with the development of sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepare invitations and name badges.
- Process registrations and payments.
- Maintain attendee spreadsheets.
- Develop event surveys and analyze results.
- Assist with set-up, hosting and tear down activities.
- Attend events, as needed.
Website and Database Support
- Provide some website support to other AAA departments by adding and editing content and troubleshooting errors.
- Assist with web support in relation to the iMIS database and software.
- Reception coverage as required.
- Attend and assist with association functions, as required (e.g. AGM, Banff Session, Induction Ceremony).
- Assist with the administration of the volunteer recognition programs including the student and intern outreach programs.
- Manage job postings, including communicating with employers, processing payments, tracking job posting time-lines and ensuring postings have completed their full cycle.
- Responsible to manage the firstname.lastname@example.org general inquiry email account and respond and/or forward messages depending on content.
- Ensure VIP list is current and accurate.
- A diploma or degree with a specialization in marketing, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ office and/or administrative experience.
- Previous experience working in an association environment would be an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Some experience with HTML or CMS considered an asset.
- Experience with iMIS software or other database considered an asset.
- Must speak, read and write English fluently.
Skills & Abilities
- Enjoy writing and have above average copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be professional, organized and efficient
- Exhibit attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as in a capacity to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of CP Style and Caps and Spelling is considered an estimable asset.
- Managing and executing events an asset.
Please put position title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until JUNE 9th
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only in a pdf format. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the Alberta Association of Architects.