We are looking for a self-starting, motivated person who excels at customer relations and administration in a regulatory environment with prior experience in a similar capacity. Specifically, the ideal individual for this position would have a working knowledge of regulatory frameworks and founding principles along with best practices in regulatory operations.
This position is responsible for all aspects related to the enforcement of standards including Bill Pr6 enforcement, compliance with standards such as professional development and insurance and the administration of the Intern Competencies Review System (ICRS).
The position reports directly to the Executive Director and Registrar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bill Pr6 enforcement: manages the intake of infraction reports and actively searches for infractions on the web, social media and print media. Monitors and investigates reports of breach of Bill Pr6. Prepares tracks and keeps an active report on files for the Registrar’s review and action. Provides administration support to the Registrar at all levels of Title Enforcement Case Management.
- Intern Competencies Review System (ICRS) administration: manages the intake of all ICRS applicants and provides support and direction to candidates throughout the process. Liaises with reviewers and the Membership Committee on all ICRS related functions.
- Regulatory Research: Supports the Registrar, ARIDO Board and Regulatory Task forces in all regulatory research needs as it relates to preparing for future regulatory functions as well as those regulatory functions already carried out by ARIDO.
- Regulatory Administration Support: Administration support for all regulatory functions carried out under the authority of the Registrar related to enforcing standards for maintaining Registered and Intern memberships such as compliance with insurance and professional development requirements.
- Complaints and Discipline Administration: Administration support to the Registrar for complaints and discipline cases.
- Other: ongoing support for key functions and initiatives such as annual general meeting, ARIDO Awards Gala, ARIDO ROI Initiative and other initiatives as indicated by the Registrar.
Minimum five to eight years related experience and preferably in a regulatory body or membership based association. Experience with a provincial regulatory body and/or experience with administering a foreign credential recognition program is considered an asset.
- Works well in a small intimate work team environment and independently as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deal with diverse members of the public and profession, sometimes in emotional situations.
- Display a positive, firm and supportive approach, maintaining composure at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to successfully facilitate the resolution to complex situations.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to address emotionally charged interactions.
- High level of attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and accurately prepare all necessary paperwork.
- Receive and respond to a large volume of calls daily, numerous emails and voicemails from the profession, in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative, serve as a go-to person, and interact with all levels in the organization.
- A professional demeanor and personal presentation.
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Broad knowledge of computer technologies and software, specifically CRM/databases
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Visionary, creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information and data.
- Ability to respect strict confidentiality and use discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize dynamic workload and complete tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- post-secondary qualifications and/or the equivalent in experience and qualifications
Some traveling across Ontario may be required. A valid driver’s license is required.
This position will be required to assist and work with other team members on events such as the Annual General Meeting and the Annual Awards Gala.
Regulatory training will be provided with respects to ARIDO policies, procedures, and regulations, the profession of Interior Design and other rules pertaining to the objectives of the position.