Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generating monthly forecast reports
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
- Relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and customer inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and supply chain KPIs to management (forecast accuracy, inventory turn, machine utilization etc.).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering best practices & consensus between functional experts (Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process
- Experience using SAP & Microsoft Access is an Asset.
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- 3+ years related experience
- Experience with ERP/MRP functionality
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Experience in managing end of life cycle
- College degree (Business, engineering or related field)