Status: Full time
Location: 10 King Street East, Suite 1100,Toronto,Ontario
Reports to: Director, Marketing
The incumbent coordinates publication sales and association marketing activities and provides reporting and analysis as required. He/she must be well organized, responsible, highly motivated, efficient, detail-oriented, creative, flexible and personable with the ability to coordinate a variety of responsibilities. He/she must have a positive client service orientation.
This individual is responsible for helping to maintain the CSAE Bookstore and other sections of the website, processing all publication orders including fulfillment and customer contact and follow up as necessary. In addition, the position will maintain the CSAE marketing schedule and assist the Director, Marketing in managing promotional timelines and deliverables from key stakeholders as well as proofreading advertisements, publication manuscripts and content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and fulfill all publication orders—mail, phone, fax, e-mail, online orders.
- Assist in the production of publications, including proofreading, layout review and liaising with printers and designers.
- Monitor publication inventory and determine when stock is low and identify re-order quantities.
- Organization of physical inventory as necessary.
- Review online bookstore for accuracy and update portion of website pertaining to the online bookstore when inconsistencies or errors are identified.
- Assist with onsite sales at meetings as assigned.
- Help analyze and track effectiveness of publications marketing efforts.
- Assist in promotional planning and implement improvements to publications marketing program.
- Pull distribution lists for promotional efforts and update customer records as needed.
- Maintain and track the organization’s master promotion calendar and prepare for weekly organizational review meetings.
- Follow-up with department stakeholders for all promotional creative execution and distribution.
- Track and report actual vs. scheduled promotional activity.
- Process reports and analysis as assigned to provide a better understanding of member and non-member purchase patterns and website activities.
- Provide assistance in posting articles and promotional information on corporate Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages and track visitor activity.
- Provide guidelines and ensure the integrity of CSAE brand elements both internally and among regional CSAE Networks.
- Assist in the execution of online promotional materials to members and prospects.
- Strong customer service skills – verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to consistently show initiative.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable about database and other member and inventory management software desired.
- The ability to assess processes and suggest areas of opportunity to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proficient PC skills: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with inventory or customer databases
- Experience with Content Management Systems and/or HTML desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication in formal and informal settings
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Candidates should have achieved a Grade 12 or College degree.
- The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow. This position will provide broad experience for the candidate looking to learn about associations.
- She/he should function effectively in a professional office environment.
- Experience in a membership based organization is an asset.
The Canadian Society of Association Executives offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply please forward your resume with a cover letter by email to Mr. Stewart Laszlo at email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.