Organization: Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President and CEO
Status: Contract, Full-Time
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The senior management team is seeking a professional and well organized Executive Assistant who possesses a broad base of administrative, coordination and computer skills. The ideal candidate is an individual who is able to adapt in a fast paced environment and working independently as well as in a team setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the senior management team, as directed by verbal or written instruction.
- Receive and screen all inbound e-mails, calls and visitors for the senior management team; refer and/or redirect calls, emails or visitors as applicable.
- Coordinating agendas, meetings (including teleconferences) and activities for senior executives using Outlook and a polycom system.
- Maintain daily appointment calendars of members of the senior management team.
- Manage working schedules and engagement calendars of senior management team and CADSI boardrooms.
- Preparing correspondence such as memos, agendas, Board reports, emails and letters.
- Make travel arrangements for senior management team as requested
- Coordinating the logistical aspects of Board of Directors meetings, roundtables, committee meetings and occasional special events.
- Assist in the planning of staff activities as required.
- Occasionally attend industry functions with CADSI colleagues.
- Order supplies on behalf of the senior management team.
- Greet persons entering the CADSI office, notify appropriate CADSI colleague, direct visitor to meeting location and offer refreshment if needed.
- Take meeting minutes for various meetings including senior management meetings (which may contain highly confidential information).
- Arrange catering for in-house meetings.
- Handle office expenses on behalf of the senior management team and submit incoming invoices to Accounting for processing and final approval.
- Respond to inquiries from CADSI’s senior management team, Board of Directors, operating committees, and members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management skills and clear respect for deadlines.
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple demands by prioritizing effectively.
- Excellent aptitude for interpersonal relations combined with an ability to interact with senior management and other team members in a professional and effective manner.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe).
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours when required.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Canadian government.
- Interest in defence and security industries.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages along with your salary expectations. Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.