We are seeking an exceptional leader with a passion for making a difference. Local public health in Ontario is at an exciting point in its history. We are looking for an individual with the strategic and operational expertise to lead an organization in a sector experiencing change and renewal. You will have overall responsibility for strategic and operational planning, stakeholder relations, budgeting and finance, and human resources. You will report directly to the Board of Directors through the President and effectively manage and conduct the business of the Association in accordance with the Board’s priorities and strategic objectives as well as the Association’s mission, constitution, by-laws and policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide strategic leadership in concert with the Board to develop strategic and operating plans for alPHa.
- Provide operational leadership and structure to realize the goals of alPHa.
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with Association members, partner associations, government and other agencies to further the mission of the Association.
- Promote the Association and its members by communicating the positions of the Association and advocating on its behalf.
- Keep informed about and communicate all matters that may substantively affect the operation of member local public health units.
- Develop the annual budget and overall financial management practices that demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have knowledge of and a demonstrated passion for public health.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience as an executive director (ED), chief executive officer (CEO) or executive leader in the broader public sector, with a proven track record reporting to a board of directors and running a not-for-profit organization.
- Have a graduate degree in a relevant field (health, business administration, public administration or a related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Are a compelling communicator with a demonstrated ability to foster an environment of open communication, collaboration and trust.
- Balance vision with performance and are both strategic and tactical with the ability to chart future direction while developing and implementing operational plans.
- Are an effective change leader, able to manage and lead system change with demonstrated success in leading and facilitating change initiatives.
- Have experience working with government agencies and strong knowledge of Ontario government operations and the provincial political environment.
- Have experience leading a team, including directing and mentoring staff.
- Have strong knowledge of good governance practices, operational management, including strategic planning, and human resources practices.
- Have experience working with the media.
- Have demonstrated financial experience in budget development and management.
- Can effectively manage multiple tasks with excellent time management skills.
- Are self-motivated, self-directed, a self-starter and highly organized.
- Are bilingual in French and English (preferred).
alPHa is committed to promoting a positive workplace culture and is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by 12:00 midnight Monday, July 31, 2017 to:
Attention: Executive Director Search Team
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $99,938 to $115,977 plus benefits