This newly created position will serve as a key contributor to the Hotel Association’s strategic priority to build professional and timely communications tools for both internal and external audiences. A central hub for both the creation and dissemination of digital communications, this position will drive the association’s online presence and support its advocacy and program communications. As a Member Relations Specialist, you will build two-way engagement channels to facilitate meaningful exchange with the association’s hotel members across the country. All tools will be fresh and new, as a rebrand is currently underway.
We are looking for a high-energy, self-motivated person who will complement our dynamic and results-oriented team.
Reporting to the President, the Digital Communications & Member Relations Specialist will be the key driver behind all aspects of the association’s digital communications including web sites, social media channels, targeted online marketing, and electronic campaigns. This position will play a critical role in launching and operationalizing the association’s new brand presence in the Fall.
The Digital Communications & Member Relations Specialist will: foster relationships and be instrumental in building 2-way member engagement channels; ensure timely and appropriate member communication; cultivate personalized service for members; drive a brand new communications and marketing strategy for the Association; translate advocacy and public relations activities into stories for members and the general public; develop and maintain content for HAC’s various digital communications including the HAC website and social media sites; and coordinate the production of videos that connect members to Association activities.
Of critical importance, this position will take a leadership role in supporting members and creating strong engagement.
The ideal candidate will act as an Association advocate, and understands the critical role that real-time, dynamic communication plays in demonstrating value to members. You are a strategic thinker who excels in a fast-paced environment and can quickly turn new developments into real- time communications. You possess both exceptional customer service traits and the aptitude to create cutting edge digital marketing materials. You love telling stories and have the natural ability to showcase this to an online audience in our voice. In addition, you demonstrate technical literacies that will allow you to take an active role in the production of web and video content.
You are comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple demands on your time, and you are excited to take our association’s communications to the next level. You are fun, positive and a willing team player.
- Develop, expand and improve all member engagement channels.
- Coordinate and create new programs that will engage HAC members, both online and in face-to-face forums.
- Act as a conduit for members as new and developing information emerges.
- Provide high quality customer service to members to ensure that they take advantage of member benefits and stay informed.
- Manage and coordinate HAC’s e-communications program as assigned, using Constant Contact.
- Shape and transform existing content into various mediums, ensuring that all communications are consistent with HAC’s new brand.
- Strategize, create content and manage social media accounts to increase engagement, reach, and impressions.
- Track digital reach and results through Google Analytics and using trends and statistics, ensure that the right tools are used for each audience/message.
- Work with HAC team members to disseminate communications to both internal and external audiences.
- Support HAC’s advocacy and the work of the President, ensuring that leave-behind materials and presentations are beautifully presented.
- Design and develop digital assets using animation, static images, video, and audio to create communications collateral, such as e-communications templates, Power Point presentations, social media & video storyboards.
- Assist in creating, managing, and coordinating marketing designs for promotions using both traditional and digital as assigned. Ensure consistent branding across all marketing channels.
- Provide strategic recommendations and creative ideas on assigned responsibilities and projects.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members to ensure projects are completed within parameters set and goals reached.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Exceptional creative design and strong knowledge of digital marketing & video applications (iMovie or other similar tools).
- Experience in identifying target audiences and crafting digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- ability to project excellent customer service, diplomatic negotiation and problem-solving skills, while maintaining utmost professionalism at all times.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (French is desired, but not required).
- Highly organized, demonstrating an ability to execute multiple priorities within specified time-frames.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to help the Association succeed and bring all marketing efforts to new heights.
Must Have Strong Working Knowledge Of:
- Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Digital media applications such as Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate) or the equivalent.
Additionally, the Candidate:
- Displays integrity and a high level of professionalism.
- Has strong team-oriented collaborative capabilities but is equally disciplined and productive working independently.
- Has a track record of success in online marketing campaigns, tools development and digital reach.
- Is adaptable and can take constructive suggestions in stride.
- An undergraduate university degree or college diploma in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Interactive Digital Media or related field.
- 3-5 years working experience in the communications and public relations field, with specific experience in digital communications, design or marketing.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please forward your cover letter and résumé to Alana Baker, Director of Government Relations, at email@example.com no later than Friday, July 28, 2017.