Introductory Position (One Year Contract Position)
Start Date: Fall 2017
The successful candidate will have strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Policy and Research :
- Identifies, researches and monitors policy, regulatory and legislative issues.
- Drafts policy position papers and issues statements, information bulletins to members and reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Member and Stakeholder Relations:
- Works with external committees and coalitions in developing policies and programs that enhance Association advocacy objectives.
- Coordinates internal committee activities with responsibility for the completion and implementation of action items.
- Participates in consultations with stakeholders, both internal and external, to inform policy direction and development.
- Communicates to members including:
- Information bulletins; website content; presentations; magazine articles; etc.
- External communications including preparation of:
- Reports; letters; research documents; position papers; briefs; letters; presentations; etc.
- Assists, as required, in development and delivery of general Association programs, functions and activities
- Other duties around Association events may be required to accommodate small office environment.
- Occasional work outside of typical working hours may be required.
- Must have access to a vehicle and carry a valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience is an asset, but not necessary.
- Remuneration shall be based on experience.
A writing sample is required along with a resume.