Chief Executive Officer
The Canadian Home Builders Association of Alberta and the Urban Development Association of Alberta are combining in an even stronger organization called BILD Alberta. This newly formed association will be the voice of and advocate for the land development, homebuilding and renovation industry at the provincial level. It will represent some 1800 member organizations comprising 13 Constituent Associations throughout the province.
Here is a very rare opportunity for an accomplished and passionate leader to make their mark and form the strategies, relationships, processes and infrastructure that will have profound and a lasting effect on the Province's communities and economy.
About the role
Located in Edmonton, the inaugural CEO will be accountable to the Board for providing vision and leadership to all facets of BILD Alberta. Working with and through a talented staff of ten, along with numerous volunteers, the incumbent will plan, optimize, deploy and integrate all of BILD Alberta's resources including people, financial assets, information, processes, tools and brand.
During their first year, the CEO will focus particularly on the following:
- Establishing effective relationships with the Board, Association members, staff and stakeholders.
- Merging the cultures and operations of the two founding associations into a new and even better one that effectively represents the interests of its members.
- Developing and refining the strategic plan and aligning the annual operating plan with it.
- Prioritizing key industry issues and acting upon them.
- Putting in place the right infrastructure, processes and people to set the stage for the Association?s successful future.
The role calls for a well-rounded leader who has a record of successful leadership in positions of similar content, scope and seniority. It demands an accomplished professional who can draw upon their management and advocacy skills to advance the association, represent its constituents and contribute to Alberta?s prosperity.
Specific requirements include:
- Successful record in a senior leadership role, or demonstrable readiness to step up to this level.
- Experience as a staff member or as a volunteer on the Board of a not for profit organization.
- Demonstrable advocacy skills in working with governments and/or regulatory authorities.
- Conversant with contemporary methods of organizational governance.
- Should have an understanding of the key issues that face land development, home building and renovation businesses in Alberta.
- Financial acumen and a strong understanding of how the various components of an association integrate with and depend upon each other.
- Must be an accomplished public speaker and excellent communicator.
- The CAE (Certified Association Executive) designation would be a decided advantage but is not mandatory.
If you meet the requirements and are excited by the opportunity to have visible and long-lasting impact, we'd like to hear from you July 28. Confidentially explore or apply for this opportunity by directly contacting:
Merv Manthey, CMC
Dovetail Partners Management Consulting