The Manager Partnerships & Engagement has primary accountability for retail district operating and marketing plans; public space activation; and event sponsorship. The role will ensure key aspects of projects/plans are established including planning, implementation, budgeting, tracking, metrics, ongoing maintenance, etc. A primary focus of the role is to engage stakeholders and members in order to influence the ongoing activation of public spaces and to foster engagement of members and the public. The role will ensure duties are carried out in the best interest of the DVBIA and its members.
This is a 13 month term maternity leave contract with some overlap and training with the current employee. This is an incredible opportunity for someone interested in making Vancouver more fun!
Manages the ongoing activation of public spaces in order to create attractive and lively public spaces by researching and identifying opportunities and engaging with members and potential partners:
- Conducts research and analysis into the development of approaches and projects that will enhance the experience of downtown for its members, residents and visitors
- Engages with members to develop publically accessible private spaces as well as promote and develop public spaces
- Analyzes requirements with project partners, and colleagues in order to design the proposal and evaluate the feasibility
- Develops the project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to the project
- In concert with the Placemaking Ambassador, oversees implementation ensuring suitable approach(es) necessary to deliver the project effectively and efficiently
- Acts as the interface and maintains a confident relationship with key stakeholders on various projects
Manages the appropriate and ongoing stewardship of public space by developing strategies and approaches that outline both stakeholder and DVBIA involvement:
- Works with partners and stakeholders to create strategy(ies) in order to ensure the stewardship of public space by engaging and negotiating stakeholders
- Works with partners and stakeholders to manage the execution of stewardship strategies by tracking, reporting and providing feedback on initiatives to ensure the activities are aligned, effective and consistent with the strategy
- Works to engage stakeholders in order to enhance community/member/partner stewardship of developed public spaces, managing DVBIA involvement and, where appropriate, allowing the DVBIA to step back once the plan has been implemented
Oversees the development and implementation of retail district plans by working with the Program Coordinator, Ambassador District Team Leads, and stakeholders from the various retail districts:
- Works with stakeholders to ensure the development of the plans including the establishment of budgets and milestones
- Oversees the tracking and monitoring of progress against the plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones, sharing results with key stakeholders and intervening where necessary to ensure successful implementation of the plan
- Acts as a representative for retail district Committee(s) by supporting committee activities as well as reporting on business matters to the committee, and participating in the planning of strategic objectives
- Researches and compiles information, data, reports, and other correspondence in a concise and effective format in order to provide external stakeholders with advice and/or recommendations in regards to policy creation or adjustments
- Provides oversight, daily task supervision, coaching and advice to Direct Reports and other staff as required, to ensure the programs are meeting the goals of the association’s strategic plan
Manage the DVBIA sponsorship program that supports DVBIA’s goals and ensure effective execution and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements:
- Reviews requests for sponsorship and evaluates against guidelines by managing partnerships and allocation of sponsorship funding
- Solicits sponsorship from organizations or partners in support of DVBIA programs, such as Libations, Appreciation Awards or the Annual General Meeting
- Oversees the technical operations for sponsorship implementation liaising with the Communications & Event Lead ensuring fulfillment of sponsorship agreements
Salary based upon experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by August 1, 2017 with the SUBJECT LINE "Manager Partnerships & Engagement".
The DVBIA hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace.