MEMBERSHIP AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
CMBA ONTARIO (Canadian Mortgage Brokers Association – Ontario) is the association representing Ontario’s mortgage brokers and agents. The mandate of CMBA Ontario is to strengthen the mortgage broker industry in Ontario through education, training, advocacy and industry networking. CMBA Ontario offers those interested in becoming an Ontario mortgage agent the opportunity to take its Mortgage Agent Course. CMBA Ontario’s Mortgage Agent Course is approved by the Ontario Financial Services Commission for the purposes of licensure.
CMBA Ontario is currently seeking a Membership and Marketing Specialist. As an important member of the CMBA Ontario team, the successful candidate will:
- Identify, develop and execute a member recruitment and retention programme utilizing traditional and digital member recruitment methodologies;
- Administer CMBA Ontario’s social media presence by creating content to increase engagement, public awareness and ensure that CMBA’s social media activities support the brand;
- Research, write and edit various communications and marketing materials to translate corporate priorities and strategies into brand awareness and membership growth;
- Liaise with CMBA Ontario committees to ensure that promotion and membership programmes meet expectations;
- Manage CMBA Ontario’s membership database ensuring CASL compliance and assist members with membership enquiries;
- Produce monthly membership statistical reports to strengthen the recruitment and retention programme;
- Write public relations and communications plans to facilitate awareness of CMBA Ontario and its objectives and assist the President with media enquiries;
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials for the annual meeting of members, CMBA Ontario gala, annual tradeshow and professional development events;
- Support CMBA Ontario’s Events Specialist at events through the preparation of messaging, advertising and event logistics.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary qualification in business, marketing or communications and/or the equivalent in experience and qualifications.
- Three (3) year of experience in business, marketing, communications or public relations.
- An understanding of design principles and experience working with various computer programs such as WordPress, InDesign, Constant Contact are an asset.
- Web and social media knowledge and experience, specifically experience with Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Superior time management skills and an ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Adaptable and able to interact to work both within a team and independently.
- Some travel within Ontario is required for membership recruitment and events.
- Experience with a non-profit association is considered an asset as is experience in or knowledge of, the mortgage brokerage industry.
Anticipated starting salary of $40,000 to $45,000 depending on qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by August 25, 2017 to: email@example.com. We thank all respondents is advance and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CMBA Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss requirements.