This position is responsible for the day to day business operations of the BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) and to identify, assess, and inform through the President and Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect operations. The Director of Corporate Operations is responsible for the development and implementation of the operational plan for the BCWF Office and reports to the President of the BCWF. The Director position plays a pivotal role in maintaining strategic linkages, effective communication and working relationships with other non-government organizations.
- Lead the development of an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the BCWF.
- Ensure support is provided to the Executive and Board by coordinating meeting agendas and make supporting materials available.
- Assist in drafting office policies for the approval of the Executive Committee and prepare procedures to implement the office policies; review existing policies on an annual basis that affect office operations and make recommend changes to the Executive Committee as appropriate.
- Work with staff, Board and committees to prepare a comprehensive annual budget.
- Oversee research for additional funding sources and the development of all fund raising plans.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering Not for Profit Corporations and taxation requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and cost efficient service delivery occurs and determine staffing resources, succession planning and training needs for the team.
- Oversee projects and assist staff to ensure projects are completed and timelines are met.
- Plan and manage a budget including acting as an expense authority.
- Supervise staff including assignment of work, development and evaluation of performance plans, approval of leave, response to grievances and initiation of discipline processes.
- Seek effective partnerships with stakeholders, clients and non-government organizations.
- University degree in business administration, commerce, public administration or a related professional accounting designation and minimum 5 years’ experience. A Master of Business Administration would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in budgets, finance and contract management.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in business.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, goal setting, resource allocation and developing performance measurement tools.
- Experience in service delivery innovation and creating a results-focused organization.
- Experience in negotiating/mediating solutions with stakeholders and developing positive, two-way relationships with clients.
- Experience working in the private for profit sector or for a non-profit organization.
- Prefer experience in managing a portfolio of clients in a customer service environment.
- Work a standard workweek; however, working evenings, weekends, or extended hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings, Annual General Meeting and representing the organization at public events will be required from time-to-time.
- Relationship Building
- Change Leadership
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Results Orientation
- Managing Organizational Resources
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format only via email..
Kindly include references, salary expectations and quote Director of Corporate Operations in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until August 31, 2017.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only those candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.