Located in the Edmonton Office the Executive Director holds the most senior operational position within the Union. The Executive Director is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, directing and the overall control of the Union’s “operations” in accordance with the policies, strategic direction and operating budget established by the Board.
The Executive Director manages the Union’s resources relative to the provision of membership services. Resources are managed in keeping with trade union philosophies and the Union’s mission and strategic plan. The Executive Director position has four core areas of responsibility:
- The delivery of all labour relations services to HSAA members
- Fiscal responsibility for all the administration and accounting of HSAA budget and funds
- Implementation and operationalization of HSAA policies and strategic plan
- General management and direction of the HSAA Senior Management team
Qualifications for the role include:
- Post Secondary Degree, preferably within Industrial Relations or Human Resources Management
- 5-10 years’ experience in the labour relations field. Preferably three to five years of this experience will be at a senior management level.
- Experience in trade union education such as CLC, NUPGE Leadership School etc. is considered an asset.Labour relations principles and practices
- Committed to and demonstrates Union principles and beliefs
- Strong personnel management
- Proven experience with preparation and administration of budgets
Deadline for applications: Friday, September 29, 2017.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.