Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, this position manages communications, marketing and content development for the organization. A key part of a small in-house communications team, the manager leads and oversees a range of communications and marketing projects and initiatives.
- Manage strategic communication, issues management and media relations that support BILD’s strategic direction and enhances the reputation of the land development, home building and professional renovation industry;
- Oversee and edit numerous communications products, including weekly newspaper columns, bi-weekly member e-newsletters, BILD’s quarterly magazine, media releases, presentations, speeches and web content;
- Develop key messaging and disseminate information across internal and external communication channels;
- Plan, develop and project manage integrated communications and marketing programs and initiatives to promote the home building and land development industry in the GTA;
- Manage measurement and reporting on the effectiveness of communications and marketing initiatives.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in communications or public relations
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise, timely manner
- Experience building and executing communications and marketing strategies, plans and programs
- Web and social media savvy, with knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, set and achieve deadlines, manage a demanding workload, and thrive in a fast-paced, diversified work environment
- Experience and or familiarity with the development or real estate industries; and/or land use and municipal planning issues, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in media relations and issues management
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume, by Oct 3, 2017 to: Info@bildgta.ca. We thank all respondents in advance. No phone calls please.