A one year contract. Reporting to the Director, provides support and advice to assigned National Sections (national CBA committees), ensures their activities are conducted in accordance with CBA policy and procedures, prepares documentation related to the work of these committees, and is responsible for assigned initiatives within the Department.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of selected National Sections including the planning, development and execution of their objectives within their respective mandates
- Responsible for CBA documentation, reports and correspondence for these volunteer groups
- Participates in the budgeting process and prepares reports and recommendations concerning budget or financial policy variations in relation to these groups
- Liaises with CBA members, committees, staff, volunteers, government and the public and prepares various reports and recommendations in relation to Sections
- Represents selected National Sections and/or the CBA National Office through correspondence and participation in meetings with volunteers and external organizations
- Manages assigned projects within the Department, some of which may be carried out in collaboration with other staff.
a) Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university
- Significant association experience or equivalent, including project management and/or decision-making in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Initiative and the ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple tasks, and work under pressure
- Superb interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member
- Ability to identify and evaluate critical issues when solving problems, making decisions or recommendations, and reporting on activities
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail
- Discretion and sound judgment
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to motivate others
- Willingness to travel and work weekends as required
b) Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with development and delivery of member services
- Ability to speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Knowledge of the Canadian legal system would be an asset
The Liaison Officer works collaboratively with staff throughout the Association, including regular contact with Directors. It is critical that the individual in this position demonstrates a high level of professionalism, initiative, discretion, and significant time management and organizational skills. The incumbent must be an above average team player, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, and be very familiar with and responsive to the needs of a volunteer driven Association.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact our human resources department at email@example.com so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.