Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is an exciting and challenging position for an individual with strong knowledge and interpersonal skills, and experience in policy, communications, research,and analysis. The successful candidate will understand a public policy context, will be effective in a public policy environment and will be an innovative communications manager. Knowledge of the waste management sector is an asset, but is not a requirement.
The Director is responsible for several core functions:
- Develop sector policy documents and implement policy positions
- Monitor and research government policy initiatives
- Ensure essential communications (internal & external) infrastructure is in place to support business strategies, plans, programs, and services
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic products
- Conduct research, collect data and analyze policy in support of association projects.
- Support internal committees and caucus action plans.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree in political sciences, environment or related field and a minimum of four years of progressive experience. The successful candidate will also possess:
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, a small, dynamic office team setting
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and software applications
This is a full time position offering a competitive combination of salary and benefits.
The office location is in Brampton, Ontario and the position requires some flexibility in working hours, travel inside Ontario and some travel outside of the province. The association offers some flexibility in the working environment.
OWMA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a covering letter and resume to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.