The Local Planning Appeal Support Centre (LPASC) is seeking a Manager/Registrar to plan, manage and promote streamlined case management operations and integrate front-line service delivery and legal services in support of their new mandate.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for providing strategic and operational advice to the Board of Directors and function as a member of the LPASC senior management team. You will: lead the resolution of complex issues; develop and recommend new and revised operational policies, standards and business procedures; manage intake advisory services ensuring inquiries are answered in accordance with the role of the LPASC; and provide direction to staff on particularly difficult or unusual cases as the point of escalation. This integral role will develop and implement performance measures to ensure the provision of an effective intake and case management program while ensuring best practices.
- Detailed knowledge of intent, interpretation and application of legislation governing land use planning (e.g. Planning Act, Building Better Communities and Conserving Watersheds Act, 2017, Local Planning Appeal Support Centre Act, 2017)
- Experience and understanding of the legal, legislative and regulatory context of land use planning in Ontario including the development of land use plans and municipal trends and issues
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of principles and practices relating to case management and case management systems
- Knowledge of performance measurement systems and processes to evaluate service delivery, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure business integrity and compliance
- Proven leadership and management experience including human resources and financial management skills to promote an inclusive workplace and manage section budget and expenditures
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and issues management skills to maintain positive relationships
- Understanding of the culture/diversities of Ontario’s communities/citizens
- Cultural competence and understanding to address the needs of a diverse and inclusive client group
- Some travel across Ontario will be required
Please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations to email@example.com by March 9th, 2018. For more information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-237-1500 x. 224. Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Local Planning Appeal Support Centre is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code