Reporting to the CCAE Executive Director, and working closely with the CCAE Team, this full-time, bilingual Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for providing leadership on the development and implementation of CCAE’s overall communications and marketing strategy to raise the profile of the organization, notably among educational advancement professionals, drawn from Canada’s universities, colleges, polytechnics, institutes, independent schools and cégeps.
The CCAE Board strongly believes that the addition of this position will result in a strengthened and improved membership value proposition. Once fully incorporated into the organization, the incumbent will enhance the efficacy of CCAE communications and the organization’s internet, electronic and social media channel presence through a robust and improved overall strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive organizational communications plan in alignment with CCAE’s strategic plan, including the establishment of communications goals and measurable objectives, development of key messages and use of an array of communications vehicles.
- Develop a social media strategy and manage the daily engagement within social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Lead the development and execution of CCAE’s annual editorial calendar, including its regular eNews to members.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of communications and promotional messaging related to CCAE’s professional learning offerings (National Conference, Summits, Workshops, and eLearning).
- Develop, manage and maintain CCAE’s website and content management system. Monitor the effectiveness of the website using analytic software and recommend changes as required.
- Manage the development, design and production of CCAE’s promotional and collateral materials, including sponsor prospectus, brochures, stationery, etc.
- Keep up to date on new and emerging digital communications tools and technologies and explore ways to adopt these in the service of further promoting CCAE’s content and messaging to membership.
- Work with a volunteer advisory group to define and refine best practices.
- Other duties as required.
CCAE’s current administrative team consists of a full-time Executive Director; a full-time Program Development & Volunteer Management Officer; a contracted event and association management firm; and a contracted communications consultant. This team works remotely from different locations across North America.
The location of the Communications and Marketing Officer will be determined following the interview process. The office location of the Communications and Marketing Officer is not a factor in the screening or interview process.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations and 3-5 years of progressive, relevant work experience, preferably in an educational advancement or nonprofit setting.
- Proven track record in communications planning and developing effective outreach strategies.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously from a remote location, without direct and daily supervision.
- Exemplary relationship management skills and a demonstrated commitment to optimal customer service.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; articulate with an ability to communicate in a clear, succinct and professional manner.
- Solid writing skills, appropriate to a variety of media and audiences.
- Experience in overseeing a website and managing day-to-day web maintenance, and working with a customer relationship management system.
- Knowledge of and experience with website analytics.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for social media and social networking, with a demonstrated ability to build a social media presence and community in an organizational context.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite software is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team setting from a remote location.
- Experience working with and motivating volunteers.
- Must be competent in both official languages (reading and writing).
For More Information
For more information about this opportunity with CCAE, please contact Mark Hazlett, Executive Director at 506-471-7531 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit resumé and letter of interest directly to Mark Hazlett, Executive Director, by e-mail (email@example.com) by March 16, 2018.
CCAE hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. CCAE encourages applications from qualified women and men, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. CCAE thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.