POSITION: Director of Client Services
Employer: Tourism Toronto
Reports to: Vice President, Business Events
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Tourism Toronto (aka.Toronto Convention and Visitors Association, or TCVA) is the official destination marketing organization for Toronto’s tourism industry. Tourism Toronto focuses on promoting and selling the greater Toronto region as a remarkable destination for tourists, convention delegates and business travelers. Officially operating as a not-for-profit agency, Tourism Toronto has over 1,100 members and is a partnership of public and private sectors.
The Director of Client Services, is an integral part of the Business Events team, responsible for ensuring all aspects of the Business Plan are accomplished to the highest standards and makes an ongoing deliberate contribution to achieving the appropriate goals, objectives and targets for the Client Services and overall Business Events unit. The Director of Client Services will plan, develop and deliver an effective Client Services program to ensure key business accounts achieve their success metrics while meeting in Toronto, such as; attendance, delegate and exhibitor satisfaction rankings, and Tourism Toronto member’s benefit from high levels of repeat bookings and positive client testimonials.
7 full-time staff
Manages departmental budget of $860,000 within prescribed policies, as allocated annually.
Roles and Responsibilities:
▪ Oversee the operation of the Client Services Department – manage, mentor, coach and motivate staff to achieve service delivery and annual goals.
▪ Contributor to the preparation of the annual Business Plan and operations plans for the department.
▪ Develop and oversee delivery of Tourism Toronto’s services while promoting the products/facilities of member companies to key confirmed Business clients.
▪ Maintain ongoing and proactive contact with confirmed planners of high-service accounts to address special requirements.
▪ Active participant on local organizing committees (LOC) of select confirmed citywide events.
▪ Liaise and meet with member organizations to provide advice on how to effectively market their facility/service to the meetings sector. Attend/conduct member presentations/orientations to reinforce the value of membership
▪ Organize specialized programs for confirmed events to include industry awareness and educational sessions
▪ Serve as project manager/lead for hosting major industry events in collaboration with Business Events Sales
▪ Serve as the point of contact for all industry bodies wherein Toronto’s ability to successfully rebook confirmed business accounts might be impacted.
▪ Possess in-depth knowledge of all industry issues, policies, legislation etc. thatimpact meeting and incentive travel business and provide expert advice, consultative service including but not limited to Customs & Immigration, Foreign Convention Rebate, city event support, hospitality community obstacles. Trouble-shoot and resolve contentious situations as required.
▪ Attend major conventions the year prior to the Toronto event towards on-going analysis of attendance marketing initiatives
▪ Initiate integrated print collateral, web-based tools and other marketing materials to deliver on attendance-marketing strategies
▪ Design, develop and oversee execution of site inspections, familiarization programs or other special event hosting activities as required by Business Event Sales.
▪ Negotiate and maintain partnerships with government (City of Toronto, Destination Canada) to support these initiatives
▪ Develop and deliver programs i.e. Signature Service Program designed to raise the service level offered to city-wide accounts while ensuring greater access to delegates for companies.
▪ Ensure the Simpleview database is up to date with EI calculations and actualized performance
▪ Projects as assigned by the Vice President, Business Events.
Key Personal Attributes:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Self-motivated, extroverted, solutions-driven mindset
• Results- oriented, Analytically Advanced, Problem Solver
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, multiple demand environment
• Strong innovative and creative outlook
• Customer / Client Focused with Industry Experience (meeting planning/hospitality)
• General knowledge of consumer and B2B marketing
• Team / Individual Motivator / Coach
• Skilled Internal / External Collaborator & Communicator
• Excellent Verbal / Written Communications
• Exceptional Consultative Skills and Adept Negotiator
• Financial Management
• Diplomacy, tact and a collaborative nature
Key Relevant Experience & Education:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• A university or college degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, project management or hospitality, and/or at least eight years of related experience which may substitute for academic experience.
• Experience in a management position, leading or managing employees
• Experience with survey analytics/reporting systems, CRM Software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
Ability, willingness to travel, attend local and international events on evenings and/or weekends is required; flexible to work evenings and weekends, on-call as team needs require.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to email@example.com and clearly indicate the application is for the position of “Director, Client Services” in the subject line of the email.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Tourism Toronto and will directly contact those candidates selected for an interview.