Sector Lead / Head, Global Training Programs -world health NFP/ Chef de secteur Programmes formation
The World Federation of Hemophilia - WFH ( http://www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to achieve our vision of "Treatment For All" around the world.
Type of position: regular; full-time
Location: Montreal Head office (downtown)/ Covid-19 home-based currently
Start date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (mid OCT 2020 latest)
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Overall responsibility for daily operations of Global Training Programs sector (within Global Dev. department)
- Oversees WFH Programs activities (ongoing, to be developed /reviewed as needed) within scope of position:
- Twinning Program
- International Hemophilia Training Centers (IHTC) Fellowship Program
- International External Quality Assessment Scheme (IEQAS)
- Global von Willebrand Disease (vWD) Initiative
- Global Workshops for healthcare professionals
- Global National Member Organization (NMO) training
- Global Youth leadership
- NMO Accreditation Program
- Leads a team of highly professional & qualified staff and occasional contractual resources; as required, mobilizes an expansive international volunteer corps to deliver worldwide services to WFH members
- In collaboration with the Director –
- reviews existing monitoring and evaluation system; proposes/implements changes if necessary
- ensures ongoing monitoring & evaluation of the department’s programs and services
- develops bi-annually reports (GAP PSC) and provides support for development of the stewardship reports for other programs (Cornerstone Initiative, Development Grant Program, etc.), as required
- Develops and coordinates with each staff member yearly plans for their respective programs areas
- Ensures effective implementation, monitoring and reporting on various WFH international development programs
- Ensures the Global Training Programs sector contribution to overall Department’s work as well as cross-departmental projects and collaboration, including Humanitarian Aid, Research & Education, Marketing & Communications, others.
- Accountable for the financial management of the Programs sector: with immediate supervisor and the Director, Finance & Administration, develops an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors. Monitors revenue & expenses and produces quarterly and annual reports, tracks organizational performance against strategic, budgetary, and annual plan targets.
- Responsible, in compliance with WFH HR policies, for ongoing Programs staff matters, including the hiring, training and guidance of staff members, the annual performance assessment and objectives setting of team members in global training programs sector. Ensures compliance with the WFH personnel management policies and adherence to all statutory requirements.
Coordinates the functioning of the Programs committees (standing, operational and advisory), as well as their volunteers. Ensures that all committees relevant to the global training programs sector operate efficiently.
Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities consistent with the Head level as assigned or requested by the Director.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS -
- University degree in international development, public health, political studies, social sciences, education, or related field
- Eight (8) years (minimum) of relevant work experience in non-profit international development organizations - healthcare sector preferred - leading, monitoring and evaluating programs and educational activities; additional (3) years in a senior management position as functional team lead, or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of international development programs: a global geographic perspective, with specific sensitivity to current and emerging healthcare issues and international development
- Proven successful experience in global healthcare development programs and implementation in one or more emerging countries
- Demonstrable experience in program development, management, monitoring & evaluation
- Demonstrable experience in the development of capacity-building programs for international development and/or healthcare community, non-profit sector
- Strong financial planning and budget management experience and skills
- Ability to think & act in innovative and creative manner; capacity to effectively propose / develop or adapt / implement ideas, plans, activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to negotiate; effective and collaborative in a team environment as well as able to work autonomously
- Sensitive to cross-cultural issues; demonstrated experience and facility in working with people from diverse cultures and countries; experience working with volunteers in a non-for-profit
- High computer literacy and extensive experience working with Windows Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), internet, databases; experience with events software – an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (essential to daily WFH international work); working knowledge of French and Spanish preferred; knowledge of other world language/s - an asset
- Availability and flexibility to undertake regular travel within all WFH world regions, and at key international events (post covid-19)
- Legally entitled to live & work in Quebec, Canada
Salary will be commensurate with background & experience. Attractive insurance plans & employee benefits.
Please send IMMEDIATELY an ENGLISH cv & COVER LETTER (essential) to:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org Fx: +1 514.875.8916
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia - http://www.wfh.org
Montréal, QC H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
More search results
Vice President, Marketing and Communications Cana…
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Law Society of Manitoba
Environment Funders Canada
Director, Corporate Affairs
Canadian Institute of Planners / Institut canadien des urbanistes
The Salvation Army Nipawin