We are hiring.
About Digital Health Canada
Digital Health Canada is a Canadian not-for-profit association with over 3,000 members across the country. Our members are a diverse community of accomplished, influential professionals working to make a difference in advancing healthcare through information technology. Digital Health Canada fosters network growth and connection; brings together ideas from multiple segments for incubation and advocacy; supports members through professional development at the individual and organizational level; and advocates for the Canadian digital health industry.
*Members are supported by the Digital Health Canada National Office team. Together, the team develops and delivers the networking and professional development services that create value for our members: events and webinars, resources, thought leadership, and education and certification. Team members work remotely, collaborating through online chat, virtual conferences, and weekly in-person team meetings in downtown Toronto.
Position Title: Manager, Education
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Work from home in the Greater Toronto Area. Involves some travel.
Closing Date: September 28, 2019
Start Date: October 13, 2020
You are motivated. You are a self-starter. You enjoy meeting new people and have a passion for professional education. You are a leader who enjoys bringing ideas together to deliver outstanding educational experiences. You champion the use of data, technology, and innovation to improve the health of Canadians. You are driven to enhance member professional educational offerings and their experience through growing a diverse education portfolio.
Overview of the position
The Manager, Education, is responsible for the managment and operations of all Digital Health Canada education and training programs and services in accordance with the Digital Health Canada strategies, operating plans, budgets and policies.
The Manager, Education role is to create, plan, organize, coordinate, promote and execute specific education and training programs and services of the Association. The Manager, Education contributes to the management, execution and operation of the business of the Association by utilizing strong project management, planning, organization, problem-solving and communication skills in performing the requirements of the position.
The Manager, Education is responsible for all education and training programs including the CPHIMS-CA credential. The manager will:
- Develop health informatics courses both virtually and in-person
- Develop and teach education courses in-person and online as required
- Lead and manage the national credential program including exam development, exam sittings and exam maintenance
- Manage the Learning Management System (LEARN platform)
- Develop strategies for adding content and users to LEARN platform
- Create business development opportunities for education program
- Continually track and assess program performance, opportunities for improvement, report on program delivery and status, including results, metrics and program performance
- Liaise as required with program stakeholders, including committees, volunteers, members, other associations
- Coordinate and fully support volunteers or other committees as required for the assigned programs
- Remain current on relevant health informatics issues, topics, interests and reports
- Lead budget/estimate development for all education and training programs
- Be an integral part of the development of new ideas and solutions to industry/member challenges
- Manage and maintain existing member relations through proactive and excellent customer service
- Fully involved with the internal business development process
- General administrative support and other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to immerse themselves in the Canadian digital health community. The successful Manager, Education is passionate about professional education, creating content and professional certifications.
Candidates should possess:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset – this is a must for our small but mighty team!
- Professional Experience - Minimum 7-years’ experience in the health informatics or association education field.
- Education Requirements - University or college degree (health informatics – preferred). Additional experience in training and/or education is an asset.
- Organizational skills and time management - Proven ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. Must be self-motivated and able to hit the ground running with a positive attitude. Must be quick learners to assimilate to social media and technology changes as they occur. They must also thrive under pressure, as this position is often demanding. Demonstrated attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/responsibilities. Project management certification preferred.
- Leadership - Demonstrated ability to take the lead in anticipating and resolving key issues.
- Conflict resolution - Effective problem solving skills and a solution-based approach to conflict resolution.
- Communication - Superior communication, organizational and project management skills with excellent presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels; a high level of professionalism.
Apply by email before September 28 to: HR@digitalhealthcanada.com
Interviews will begin the week September 28. Start date is October 13, 2020
To be considered, submissions MUST include the following:
- Email subject line “Manager, Education”
- Please attach ONE DOCUMENT with the following;
- Cover letter with summary of relevant experience, salary expectations, evidence of candidate’s ability to work remotely (i.e. private space, Wi-Fi, phone)