GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing communications support that aligns with AIC’s strategic objectives. She/he is a key contributor to the development and dissemination of information to internal and external audiences that promotes AIC, advances advocacy objectives, and delivers quality service to members. The core responsibilities of this position include writing and editing content, maintaining AIC’s WordPress website, social media channels, quarterly and monthly publications as well as supporting the organization and execution of the AIC annual conference.
REPORTING TO: Director, Marketing and Communications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in the development of effective communication strategies that leverage various channels to position AIC members as “professionals of choice”
- Developing and implementing digital strategies to enhance AIC and AIC members’ reputation online, including maintaining the AIC WordPress website and AIC social media channels
- Working with a publisher to develop quarterly magazine “Canadian Property Valuation (CPV)”; this involves identifying technical writers, managing deadlines, editing, etc.
- Researching, writing and editing various documents, reports and monthly Communiqués, directed to AIC members, external stakeholders and the general public.
- Working with the team to determine advertising strategy – including creative treatment and placement
- Assisting in the development of recruitment strategies and communication material to reach targeted audience to attract them to the profession
- Conducting environmental scans of real estate issues and monitoring media to ascertain opportunities to leverage AIC profile and messages.
- Evaluating communications initiatives on an ongoing basis to assess their effectiveness.
- Providing support to the Communications Committee as required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a communications or related field with a focus on service to members, clients and partners
- Post-secondary education in communications/journalism, or a combination of education and experience
- Work experience in a not-for-profit organization is an asset
- Advanced computer skills and experience with software including Microsoft Word, WordPress, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to manage website content and blog content through WordPress on a complex website
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to write, proofread and edit under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with senior management and external stakeholders at all levels
- Bilingualism (English/French) is strongly preferred
PLEASE SUBMIT SALARY EXPECTATIONS WITH YOUR APPLICATION