Director of Communications and Member Services
The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada is looking for a motivated, Communications and Member Services Director with experience in the not-for-profit association environment. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, have outstanding writing and organizational skills and understand the strategies and tools that are effective in association membership and stakeholder communications.
The Director of Communications & Member Services is responsible for the development and successful implementation of the communications and member services strategies and associated work plans for the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC). The role is also responsible for working with a small but dynamic team to ensure membership engagement, recruitment, and retention efforts in support of maintaining a high member value proposition for members of IPIC.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Researches, develops, implements and evaluates the brand and communications strategy to support IPIC in meeting its strategic objectives and to support the professional standing of the organization and its members.
· Executes communication strategies including media strategies that promote greater knowledge of IPIC and its activities to members of the profession, industry, governments, and other stakeholders as required.
· Raises practitioner awareness of the organization’s programs and services through the design and delivery of effective communications material.
· Lead IPIC’s communication efforts in raising public awareness to businesses, government and other stakeholders on the value of IP and the importance of the profession.
· Ensures clear, consistent messaging across relevant communication materials.
· Oversees the development, branding, and maintenance of all communication collateral such as electronic and print documents, educational materials, as well as website and social media content.
· Develops guidelines and procedures to ensure communication materials are translated into French and English appropriately.
· Ensures content of communication collateral reflects IPIC’s goals and enhances IPIC’s image.
· Oversees the development and implementation of marketing plans to support the annual conference and other courses and events as required.
· Oversees the development and dissemination of IPIC’s various publications and newsletters.
· Provides editorial support for all communications and professional development related materials.
· Develops or assists in the development of position statements, media releases, speeches and other public communication materials as required.
· Monitors IPIC’s online presence and oversees the implementation of IPIC’s social media strategy.
· Manages communications and member services personnel, which includes coaching and mentoring team members, recommending training, conducting performance evaluations, and providing input for hiring and termination decisions.
· Supports IPIC’s drive to maintain best practices in its communications by proactively seeking out and assessing novel approaches.
· Oversees member services including recruitment and retention initiatives, monitoring membership needs and pro-actively addressing membership concerns.
· Oversees committee management, including training, logistics, administrative support, and volunteer recruitment, as required.
· Supports IPIC’s drive to maintaining best practices in its member services programs.
· Oversees the preparation of member services collateral such as newsletters, annual reports, and professional development material.
· Conducts member engagement audits, providing analysis and recommendations to IPIC’s CEO
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communications, marketing, public relations, or business.
· Minimum of 5-10 years of related professional experience.
· Experience with developing, implementation, and marketing of communications professional development programs and services within the not-for-profit environment.
· Knowledge and experience with a membership CRM, web-based technologies and social media.
· Experience within a member-driven not-for-profit organization an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Highly developed writing, editing and presentation skills in both print and electronic media.
· Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication tools and activities using a variety of proven metrics.
· Experience in running and managing digital public awareness campaigns
· Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office, design software applications, web based tools and social media.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to communicate clearly with a broad range of stakeholders.
· Energetic and creative with a passion for communications.
· Bilingualism; ability to work in both English and French.
CV's and Letters of Interest are being accepted until EOB on December 15th, 2020 via email to Adam Kingsley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you in advance for your interest, however only those matching our search criteria will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Director, Member and Public Relations
Directors Guild of Canada Ontario
Vice-President (Development and Alumni Affairs)
University of Lethbridge
Chief Executive Officer ENGINEERS AND GEOSCIENTIS…
ENGINEERS AND GEOSCIENTISTS BC
Green Acres Foundation