The Universities Art Association of Canada invites applications for the post of Association Administrator to begin by March 1, 2021.
UAAC is a non-profit organization that provides a national voice for its membership, composed of university and college faculty, independent scholars and other art professionals in the fields of art, art history and visual culture.
The Association Administrator works with the Board of Directors to develop the organization’s mission, vision, goals and strategies and executes the strategic plan. The successful candidate will be able to work unsupervised, is flexible, a team player, and willing to handle all support requests with courtesy. Candidates can work from anywhere in Canada, but would be expected to attend the annual conference.
Your role would include:
- Providing support to the Board of Directors.
- Working with Board committees to implement the strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Developing an annual budget.
- Full operation of the Financial Department (cash management, bank recs, month end, investments, internal reporting, year ends and statutory reporting etc.).
- Overseeing the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization, including general administrative duties as necessary.
- Working closely with the organizing committee of the annual conference.
- Assisting the managing editor and editorial committee of the association’s publication RACAR.
- Overseeing the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
What you should bring:
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative leadership experience.
- Previous experience working with a professional association (Certified Association Executive or other related professional designation an asset).
- Strong accounting knowledge and skills evidenced by experience or designation.
- Experience in event planning and public relations.
- Ability to work fluently in French and English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate and work across various digital platforms
- Alignment with the organization’s culture, values, beliefs and core competencies.
This part-time position is typically about 10 hours/week, however the weekly demands vary with a more intense schedule around the annual conference in October.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and 2-3 references; they should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Association Administrator. Compensation negotiable and commensurate with experience. We will begin considering applications January 27th.
More search results
Director Public Policy
Philanthropic Foundations Canada
CSAE Pan-Canadian Young Professional Committee
Director, Government & Stakeholder Relations
Chamber Marine of Commerce
Executive Director Optimist International
Deputy Minister, Government Communications and Pu…