Chief Executive Officer
The CEO is responsible for the leadership, oversight and delivery of the programs, services and initiatives which support the Society’s Mission and Vision.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the Society’s approved statements, values, plans and goals are clearly and consistently communicated and understood throughout the organization.
- Overseeing the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Society in accordance with the approved strategic plans and goals, the approved policies and procedures and the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Working with the Board, staff, committees and task forces to develop annual organizational business plans with measurable goals and objectives, and be accountable for the outcomes achieved.
- Providing on-going support to the Board.
- Ensuring compliance with any and all applicable federal and provincial legislation and standards; ensuring any and all government reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring adherence to approved capital and operating budgets and approved Board financial management policies, and ensuring that operational financial controls are developed, monitored and complied with.
- Working with the Society’s Treasurer, keeps the board apprised of financial reports, budgets and cash flow to ensure the financial sustainability of the Society.
- Taking on responsibility for all human resources activities within the Society.
- Acting as the Society’s spokesperson for administration and operational matters and as one of the chief contacts for the Society.
- Developing and maintaining a records management system, ensuring that the Society’s records are retained, maintained and destroyed in accordance with the Society’s policies, relevant legislation and any applicable professional standards.
- Acting as the Society’s Privacy Officer.
- Additional info: CEO Ad (Jan 2021) (474kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Director Public Policy
Philanthropic Foundations Canada
CSAE Pan-Canadian Young Professional Committee
Director, Government & Stakeholder Relations
Chamber Marine of Commerce
Executive Director Optimist International
Deputy Minister, Government Communications and Pu…