Member Experience & Communications Manager
OASW is the voice of the social work profession in Ontario. We are focused on expanding awareness of the value of social workers and building relationships that foster engagement with current and future practitioners to strengthen the wide-ranging field of Social Work and the Association.
OASW is looking for an innovation champion to join our team in the new role of Member Experience & Communications Manager. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our communities and profession. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for building exceptional member experiences and advancing creative excellence in engaging over 6500 members across the province. Key priorities for this role will be to promote the Association’s brand and develop a comprehensive communications strategy to achieve our strategic priorities and grow the membership base.
If you are an experienced communications professional, who is creative and collaborative, has a motivating leadership style and respects and embraces diversity, this position is well suited to you.
- Creating, directing, and managing the member recruitment, onboarding, and experience strategy
- Assessing OASW’s current member experience and identifying new products and services to support a growing and engaged membership and reflect the fluid nature of the environments in which members practise
- Creating and implementing proactive member-focused and external marketing and brand-building communications that support OASW’s strategic priorities, advocacy, and promotion of the profession, working in collaboration with external consultants and partners
- Providing expert advice and managing the execution of all communications strategies and goals
- Working collaboratively with team members to create communications vehicles to amplify government relations efforts
- Coaching and mentoring team members to achieve goals and develop strengths and managing the successful completion of the team’s workplans.
- 5+ years relevant work experience, including experience supervising employees
- University or college degree/diploma in Communications or marketing field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in a membership association and/or in a non-profit organization
- Professional on-the-spot communication skills, good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Proven project management skills
- Adaptability/flexibility and collaborative teamwork; demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and building strong relationships
- Demonstrable skills that showcase creative thinking
- Basic design skills to mock-up creative pieces; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and various online design tools
- Knowledge of website, social media and app analytics tools and best practices; working knowledge of CMS, IMIS, and HTML an asset
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
More search results
Managing Director -
Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans (CABCP)
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
inside sales representative
Foundation Building Materials
Communications & Marketing Officer
Mon Sheong Foundation