Contract Position Available • Part-time or Full-time
The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) seeks a Communications Specialist to support MASCC to execute a cohesive communications strategy, improving engagement of our current community and membership and enable interest and ultimately conversion of prospective members.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly update and improve all content on MASCC website including committees, policies, annual meetings, guidelines, resources, and publications
- Produce a monthly member newsletter working with the Executive Director, President and Web Manager; Develop new content, including news and feature articles about MASCC and its affiliates, as well as research, guidelines, projects, and publications by its Study Groups, conference previews etc
- Develop and execute regular updates and content on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and production schedules for all communications
- Measure the impact of these efforts, monitoring and providing reports on website and social media analytics recommending opportunities to improve communications
- Stay abreast and current to communication best practices and changes
- Serves as general editor (maintain grammar, punctuation and voice) for the organization content to maintain consistency and brand of messaging. This includes print, the website, social media and email marketing
- Serves as the primary contact in day-to-day up-keep of MASCC websites
- Keep abreast of MASCC activities in order to develop ideas for feature articles (such as reports of recent research, educational projects, and social media initiatives)
- Proactive in contacting and collaborating with Study Group leaders and other personnel to solicit and develop content for both the MASCC website, social media and the MASCC Society News.
- Makes recommendations to improve site content, navigation and functionality
- Implements marketing campaigns
This job description is not exhaustive. The incumbent in this position will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Executive Director.
The individual has a professional demeanor is energetic, self-motivated, proactive, creative, and customer-service focused and must be proactive and results oriented.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, marketing, English, or related field.
- 4+ years of communications experience
- Exceptional organization, writing and editing skills, a command of English grammar and usage, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain consistency of style and tone across all MASCC communications
- Knowledge of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, research methods, and the ability to read, understand, and summarize medical journal articles
- Ability to develop and adhere to editorial schedules
- Ability to develop meaningful, relevant, and compelling content on an ongoing basis, in the mission to expand supportive cancer care that is meaningful to our members (oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, researchers, allied health professionals, etc.)
- Ability to develop headliners/leader statements to draw readers to content. This includes repurposing already available content, such as journal articles, Society News articles, etc., to social media and other news venues.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Prior experience with tools to create a mobile app is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Google, Twitter and Facebook ads is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to travel on company business (typically to the MASCC annual meeting)
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations and an understanding of supportive care in cancer is considered a plus.
This is a minimum 25 hours per week position reporting to the Executive Director. Timely response to requests is expected in order to facilitate communications across time zones around the world. The candidate will ideally be located in Toronto. The benefits of the job include flexible scheduling and ability to work partially virtually.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with global experts and professionals in a collaborative environment with an interest in making excellent cancer care possible, this role is for you!
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday February 24, 2021.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates with be contacted.
MASCC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with laws
The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) is an international, multidisciplinary organization with over 2000 members from over 70 countries. It operates in collaboration with the International Society of Oral Oncology (ISOO). Founded in 1990, MASCC is dedicated to research and education in all areas of supportive care for patients with cancer, regardless of the stage of the disease. MASCC promotes professional expertise in supportive care through research and the scientific exchange of ideas. A focus on supportive care leads to better treatment outcomes and greater quality of life for people with cancer.
Because supportive care encompasses all aspects of care, it involves a variety of disciplines and specialists. Membership is open to medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, pharmacists, social workers, dietitians, outcomes specialists, psychologists, statisticians, infectious disease specialists, educators, researchers, representatives from industry and nonprofit sectors, and all others interested in supportive care.
More search results
CEO, Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan
Habitat for Humanity Saskatchewan
Associate Vice-President (Alumni and Community En…
Janet Soles and Associates Executive Search
Chief Executive Officer / Directeur général ou di…
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Member Experience & Communications Manager
Ontario Association of Social Workers
Executive Director / Directeur général
Ontario Arts Foundation / Fondation des arts de l'Ontario