The position of Executive Director will be responsible for working with other members of our team in managing all aspects of one of our National Association clients’ operations and potentially additional comparative roles with other clients. This includes setting and providing strategic guidance for board initiatives, operational excellence, building sustainable revenue streams for the association, developing marketing strategies, being on top of industry trends, and adopting future-focused thinking to ensure the ongoing health of the organization, all while being knowledgeable and active on day-to-day projects and initiatives, working with the team.
- Provides leadership in the development of the assigned association’s statement of vision, mission, and goals, and the corresponding strategies, plans, and budgets to achieve them;
- Ensures the development of priority plans, performance measurements, management controls, and critical success factors;
- Develops and provides appropriate policy recommendations for consideration by the Board;
- Presents an Executive Director's report to all board meetings;
- Management of the internal staff team to ensure deliverables and goals are being met
- Develops and maintains an effective staff organization which provides appropriate policy and program recommendations for consideration by the Board and its committees, and which delivers services, programs and information beneficial to the members;
- Identifies, documents, and articulates the needs of members to committees, and other forums which exist to serve member needs;
- Promote collaboration with and among the association’s local societies to address the needs of members and the mission and goals of the association;
- Acts as secondary spokesperson for the association if President is unavailable;
- Serves as secondary ambassador for the association to relevant organizations in Canada and internationally
- Manages association team requirements as well as business priorities and objectives within the context of the strategic plan;
- Maintain the necessary contacts to keep abreast of emerging issues of significance to the association
- Issues management
Candidates for this position will possess most, if not all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- Non-profit management: Experience in management roles of progressively increasing responsibility. Preferred experience includes leadership of a member based association with chapters in a wide geographic area.
- Marketing: Experience in leading association marketing and growth initiatives.
- Governance and Strategic Management: Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and partnership initiatives for a large association with multiple stakeholders. Demonstrated excellence in leading all association governance initiatives.
- Leadership of membership, certification and non-dues revenue streams: Demonstrated leadership and foresight into managing revenue streams. Demonstrated success in supporting and growing chapters, and attracting new members. Preferred experience includes growing an organization through identification of new partnerships and creating programs to appeal to those demographics while retaining the base of current members.
- Financial: Confident and experienced with all aspects of financial management & planning, budget management and control, and decision making, familiarity with non-profit compliance, and review of monthly financial statements.
- Management: Demonstrated positive decision making in a complex environment; demonstrated clarity and timeliness in decision making process and implementation; utilization of traits of inclusion, fact based analysis, collaboration, maturity and calmness.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills: Advanced skills including a positive “can do” attitude; persuasive and motivating communicator who can interact with a broad spectrum of individuals from all walks of life; ability to apply professional tact in difficult situations.
- Organizational: Comfortable and effective in a professional, relaxed office environment where the daily workload is high, special projects are the norm and cross functional teamwork is required. Ability to deal with the operational and managerial aspects of a large, geographically dispersed board of directors. A strong moral and ethical compass is required.
- Strategic and Operational thinker: Must possess the ability to think and act strategically as the long and short term strategic direction of the organization is the responsibility of the executive director. Must possess the mental agility and awareness of changing attitudes and preferences with the flexibility to adapt. Must be able to see the “big picture” but be able to roll up your sleeves and perform administrative tasks as needed. Demonstrated ability to lead strategic discussions with actionable, persistent outcomes.
- Proven track record in developing successful campaigns to increase membership recruitment, retention and non-dues revenues;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a related senior leadership capacity;
- CAE designation
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline, or equivalent;
- Proven abilities related to strategic and operational planning, implementation and evaluation of priorities, including: significant achievements, tangible results and risk management;
- Accomplishments in member services notably events and trade shows; publications; education; marketing and public relations; web-based marketing and service delivery; advocacy and government relations;
- Budget management; time management and project management expertise;
- Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to sponsorship, communications and marketing;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with a demonstrated collaborative approach;
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to Talent Business Partner
- May have supervisory duties of other team members
- Accountable for outcomes of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and recommend strategic direction for clients
- Sharing strategic directions amongst clients
- Ability to determine new business/revenue ideas with client partner
- Management of the annual budget creation process - drives this process and provides recommendations to the Board on meeting strategic and financial goals
- Abiding by our internal policies, procedures and core values
Visit us at www.managingmatters.com
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.