Manager, Continuing Professional Development
To support our members with their ongoing, professional learning, Sonography Canada is looking to add a Manager, Continuing Professional Development to its highly motivated staff of seven who work at the national office in Ottawa, and remotely from their home-based offices.
About Sonography Canada
Sonography Canada is the credentialing body, professional association and the national voice for diagnostic medical sonographers in Canada. We are the single national voice for the Sonography profession in Canada, supporting professional sonographers throughout their careers with:
- National entry-to-practice credentialing examinations
- Continuing professional education through a national conference, webinars and the Canadian Journal of Medical Sonography
- National competency profiles, professional practice guidelines and standards, and Codes of Conduct and Ethics
- Member services and programs like professional liability insurance and advocacy to governments, the public and other healthcare organizations
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a forward-thinking individual who will develop and implement the continuing education strategy for Sonography Canada, based on the strategic plan, input from the Continuing Professional Development Committee, and on best practices in adult learning. The overall goal of this position is to offer a comprehensive suite of continuing professional development programs to Sonography Canada members.
- Research, identify, develop, plan, implement, manage and evaluate the Association’s continuing professional education programs.
- Investigate and recommend new continuing professional education programs and delivery techniques with a particular focus on e-learning initiatives.
- Holds overall responsibility for the educational components of Sonography Canada’s annual conference with support from event management and communications teams, and volunteers.
- Identify and leverage subject matter expertise in sonography from others, including professional staff, volunteers, external stakeholders and vendors, and the membership at large to determine topics, identify subject matter experts, to develop and deliver educational content.
- Contracting and monitoring external consultants retained to review, update or deliver CPD program materials.
- Researching, planning and managing the development and delivery of new comprehensive programs such as Certificate programs.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships and partnerships with others – academic institutions, ministries and other stakeholders – for the purpose of providing CPD programs.
- Act as staff support to the newly created Continuing Professional Development Committee of Sonography Canada.
- Review Sonography Canada’s CPD accreditation program for delivery of third-party CPD, and for maintenance of Sonography Canada credentials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in adult education or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the delivery of adult learning programs.
- Five years’ experience in the design and implementation of adult-focused education programs in the healthcare sector; sonography experience is a strong asset.
- Experience in the online delivery of adult education programs
- Sound knowledge of the range of online and in-person delivery options for adult education programs Sonography of Canada invites applications from all qualified individuals.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
If you are interested in this opportunity to build Sonography Canada’s continuing professional development capabilities from the ground up, please send your resumé and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2021.
Location: Both remote and onsite (the national office is located in Ottawa, Ontario (appropriate approved PPE and Public Health measures are in place). Part time to start with full time potential.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.