Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
Job Skills, has been operating since 1988 and is a forward-thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new programs to help individuals achieve economic independence as well as support local employers to meet their current and future hiring needs. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As the Executive Director of Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals.
Job Skills is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for an accomplished and passionate professional that is seeking to put their experience and skills towards achieving success and growing the organization. The ideal candidate values innovation, creativity and achieving result and the ability to capitalize on opportunities in a changing employment services environment.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader at Job Skills. In partnership with the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team and with a staff team of approximately 100 via 6 direct reports, the Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the organization. Using an inclusive and collaborative approach, the ED inspires staff, establishes and fosters external partnerships, and manages the organization. Ultimately, the Executive Director is responsible for the success of Job Skills, ensuring the organization’s accomplishments, outcomes and financial sustainability are aligned with its mission, values and strategic directions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a Vision and Strategic Plan to guide the organization
- Lead, coach, develop and retain a high- performance Senior Management Team (SMT) to support policy development and achieve the strategic directions of the organization
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each board committee, work closely with the Board to achieve strategic directions, attend Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, other Board Committee meetings as needed
Operational Effectiveness/ Planning
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and within the funding agreements
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Responsible for identifying, attracting and retaining the talent required to achieve Job Skills Mission
Strategic Program Planning/ Management
- Be involved at the local, provincial or national level through representation on Boards, Committees and Stakeholder Groups
- Ensure excellence in service delivery, measure success, maintain rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s Mission and contribute to the Strategic Plan
- Inspire new programs and innovative initiatives to fulfill the Mission of the organization
Strategic Client, Stakeholder and Community Relations
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Post- secondary Degree in Social Services, Non –Profit Management, Policy, Business or related field
- MBA is preferred
- 7-10 years’ staff management experience
- 5 years’ experience in the Social Service sector
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of Government and Community stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning & visioning
- Leading People with a Passion & Staff Development
- Experience leading an organization through change in a fast-paced environment
- Must have passion, drive and a sense of community to continue the Job Skills mission
- Ability to travel between Job Skills Facilities as required
- Vehicle is required
HOW TO APPLY
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporating a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ programs and services. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the current posting for the Executive Director position. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
Please reply in confidence by 11:59pm on Friday, April 23rd.
Job Skills’ Board Hiring Committee
Job Reference – ED Position
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.